Football Manager 2017

V01

38 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

So it turns out if you have unhappy players, simply rejecting all offers and ignoring their unhappiness is the way to go. As soon as the window is shut, they're no longer unhappy. 

I think all the player interaction in Football Manager needs to be completely overhauled, it very rarely makes any sense.

My first signing in the summer just gone was a player on a free who I had to promise I would strengthen the squad. I didn't really think anything of it and then bought another 5 or 6 players. The window closes and now he's unhappy, transfer listed by request and rotting in my reserves, refusing to talk to me. :blink:

Edit: Oh and 90% of the rest of the squad are unhappy about the way I've treated him.

Edited by Paddywhack
  • Like 2

Started a Villa save for the first time in years.  I usually avoid it because we've been so bad!  My previous saves on FM17 were Sheffield United, which then led me to the Everton job, and I did an Arsenal save too.

Over the course of those two I developed a really nice 4-2-3-1 tactic which at Arsenal saw John Guidetti as my main striker scoring 54 goals in his first season.  We won everything, including the Champions League!  Spend most of the budget for that season on Stefan de Vrij and Radja Nainggolan, which strengthened the team massively.

With Villa, I decided to adopt the same tactic and started the season with 10 wins on the bounce.  I've added Marcus Maddison from Peterborough as a back up left winger, and Bradley Dack from Gillingham as a back up AMC.  I signed Andrei Ivan as a young RW and sent Green out on loan.  A key signing has been Nacer Barazite, who I brought back from the Dutch League.  He's been amazing so far behind the striker.

Elsewhere in the squad I signed Phillipp Ziereis to be an extra CB, and Necip Uysal who was listed by Besiktas so came in as back up to Jedi but has turned out a better player so far.

Managed to sell Bunn, Kozak and Hutton went on a free.  Can't give Richards or Gabby away.

12 games in and won 11, lost 1.  Goal difference of +23.  Beat Spurs in the League Cup too, AET.

• Like 1

26 games into season 2 and I'm in 18th with 21 points. West From are in 17th with 22 points. If it wasn't from a suspicious amount of penalties given away and goals conceded after the 85th minute, I'd probably be mid table. But that's managing Villa for you. 

Think I'm going to start a Germany save. Saw a team I liked so might give it a go. 

Finished the season with JOI top by a good 20 points, got no money at all for next season and it's going to be a right struggle.

Noticed the Villa job was vacant so thought I'd apply, to my surprise they want me! So I'm going home :) 

• Like 3

Got my Valencia team sitting in 3rd at January but man are they hard work.

Never managed such a group of difficult, lazy, pansies in my life. Tried to bin Nani off in January but he rejected the only team interested, Man City, because the knob-heads at Valencia put him on £180k a year and not even Citeh would match that.

In desperate need of a striker as well. Currently got Zaza, Munir and Mina who are all wildly inconsistent. Don't think I want to drop £13m or £10m respectively on either of them and I've no idea where Mina is supposed to play.

Probably going to fail FFP as well even though I've made £15m in transfers.

On a better note though the future looks decent. Got an excellent crop of young players coming through and managed to snag some quality from around Europe and South America. Spent a lot of time improving my coaches as well to make sure they develop.

Lyanco is proving to be this years Mammana for me. Pick him up on loan with a buy clause every save .

Edited by sexbelowsound
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, NurembergVillan said:

All about Guidetti if you need a striker.  I seem to sign him every time and he never fails.  He's even scoring free kicks.

He always seems to go to Arsenal in the first window. :( 

I had a bid of £7m accepted for Dembele but he wasn't interested.

b8ead47bb80c14a4cbbfe88cfa3f3fb4.png

Most important game of the season to keep up with Arsenal in 4th. 2-0 up, 4-2 down at half time, won 5-4. 20 y/o academy product scores four goals. 

Oh, and Goldaniga gave away the penalty and scored the winner. :D

Edited by abdomlahor

On 3/27/2017 at 18:42, Villan_of_oz said:

26 games into season 2 and I'm in 18th with 21 points. West From are in 17th with 22 points. If it wasn't from a suspicious amount of penalties given away and goals conceded after the 85th minute, I'd probably be mid table. But that's managing Villa for you. 

Think I'm going to start a Germany save. Saw a team I liked so might give it a go. 

Roberto?

Â