Football Manager 2017

V01

On 3/16/2017 at 18:11, Villan_of_oz said:

Seems I'm alone in this thread already, oh well I have no problem reading my own posts just a shame I can't like them......

I haven't had the time to play FM for years unfortunately, so enjoy coming in here and reading the posts and playing vicariously through you all. Keep the updates coming! :)

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, quazzie goat said:

I put Gabby and Richards in the reserves and listed them both for transfer/loan and managed to get them both to move on for about 500k compensation, maybe try that?

Hmm I might try that actually.

51 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The Brazilian league is so weird. You play in about 3 different cup competitions before the league even starts. I have no idea what's going on. 

This. Confused the hell out of me. I remember playing in the Argentinian league as well and in the space of one season you can win the league twice. :blink:

• Like 1

i used to love doing the brazilian bottom division to the top achievement

they play in a state championship first, the trick is to pick a decent team with an easier state championship, avoid sao paulo for example because you end up in one that has over 30 games and has sao paulo and corinthians in it, most state championships have a play off at the end, so you have the league, then the playoffs, then the cup, then the actual league plus then SA competitions, its a bit mad and you need a massive squad, the good thing is its brilliant for nurturing yoof players because you play some proper pub teams at the start

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

they play in a state championship first, the trick is to pick a decent team with an easier state championship, avoid sao paulo for example because you end up in one that has over 30 games and has sao paulo and corinthians in it, most state championships have a play off at the end, so you have the league, then the playoffs, then the cup, then the actual league plus then SA competitions, its a bit mad and you need a massive squad, the good thing is its brilliant for nurturing yoof players because you play some proper pub teams at the start

Yeah I keep playing loads of terrible teams and winning 10-0. My best striker has scored 21 goals in 21 games and the league hasn't even started yet. He's going to finish the season on about 376 goals. :lol: 

3 hours ago, villa4europe said:

So I won the State Opening League, I won the State Closing League, I'm now into Play-offs, but the actual league hasn't even started yet. Wtf :lol: 

yeah pretty much!

there are 26 state championships, not sure if they are all playable, there are then 3 divisions, the sao paulo one is the campeonato paulista and includes botafogo, sao paulo, corinthians, santos and palmerias so even making the 4 team play off is hard

i'll need to check, especially the brazilian cup cos i think you dont get to do it if you are in the continental tournaments but if you play as sao paulo you will play 19 league games (in 3 months) then potentially 4 playoff games, then potentially 10 state cup games, then 38 league games and then if you made the playoffs you'll qualify for the brazilian cup which is 10 games i think, plus then the copa libertadores which could be as many as 16 games

97 game season

actually makes me want to do it again! i havent rectified the names still though

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

The most annoying thing about this game is that when you're top of the league over half way through a season, and players want to leave because they want to play for a team that can win the league.... there's no way to say "look idiot, we're top by 8 points fucktard"... 

Made me lol. I've had some twunt complain about being left out of the the Champions League squad even though he's out injured for the duration of the competition.

There should be an option to say "Listen, you daft prat, you're injured. What games do you think you're playing in then?"

• Like 1

On 3/20/2017 at 15:10, PieFacE said:

You can generally get a job in the 2nd division.

I joined a team called "JOI" in division 2 of Brazil. They were in the relegation zone and tasked me with keeping them up. I did. 

Into my second season now to try get them promoted. :) 

Image result for ooh matron

Google JOI if you don't get it.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 4

11 hours ago, sexbelowsound said:

I remember Julian Weigl on last years football manager wanting a pay rise from 9k to 90k. I just sold the prick.

I hate it when you find some gem of a player in South America say, you get him for 4 mill good buy as he looks a champion. His current contract he is on 10k a week, but he wants 85k and a 2 mill signing bonus. I use to give into these guys. Now I just tell them to f off you greedy pricks. 

Gutted. Started a game with Valencia yesterday and spent a good hour or so searching for and snagging the best players from around Europe who were still on youth contracts and my game crashed. Never had it crash on a mac before. :( 

Might start it again later. Valencia have got some quality young Spanish players both in the first team and the youth team. I'm going to try and have a team based around:

Sivera, Lato, Gaya, Badal, Soler, Mir, Medran, Villalba, Bakkali and Mina. Then i'll snag some of Europe's best young players after flogging all the expensive guff they have.

So after a surprisingly good start I am getting spanked in every game I play. Looks like the sack in the 2nd season yet again. Can't believe the Dr only gave me 27 million. 

Why o why wasn't I a Chelsea supporter. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz

Â