Football Manager 2017

V01

I'm in my second season with Villa now. Won the league with like 116 points (lost 4 all season, lost to Utd in FA Cup Semi, lost to Chelsea in League Cup Final).

Picked up the transfer listed Batshuayi for £6.5m. Bargain. Sold Carl Jenkinson to City for £22m o_0

Andre Green is tearing it up. 14 goals last term, first game in the Prem 2 goals to his name.

Got Villa sitting top after 18 games, Newcastle are 2nd. Playing with pretty much the same team we are playing with in real life. The only player I've brought in is Richard Smallwood, as handy midfield rotation for Jedi. Enjoying FM 17 a lot. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, wilko154 said:

What is MM... I already know this answer is going to be blatantly obvious but I can't work it out

Motorsport Manager, i think.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, villarule123 said:

What the **** did the last update do to this game?

I was on a 20 match winning streak with Villa, and I just lost 11-0 to PSG after being 3-1 up from the first leg. WTF?!

I see the 'Barca Patch' has already been released.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, wilko154 said:

What is MM... I already know this answer is going to be blatantly obvious but I can't work it out

Motorsport manager

Already been said, my apologies

Edited by Villan_of_oz

10 games to go in my first season, Newcastle are looking clear in 1st and I have Villa in 4th but only 2 points off 2nd.

Sold Amavi in January to Liverpool for 12.5 mill plus another 3.5 mill in possible add ons.

Hogan literally gets injured every time he plays his first game back from injury. Last time he got injured in the last 10 mins, I only brought him in on in the 75th minute. 

Very happy with the team, the football being played and morale. Steer is has been my greatest joy, and Hogan has been my biggest disappointment. 

In past FM's I have always had very poor domestic bias so it is an important factor in this save for me. 

• Like 1

Seems I'm alone in this thread already, oh well I have no problem reading my own posts just a shame I can't like them......

End of the regular fixtures I have finished 3rd, couldn't catch Newcastle..... But someone did. Sheffield Wednesday have won the championship!

I have a 2 leg playoff against Brentford, I'm probably expected to win but I have very poor form leading into them. Injuries, suspensions, strikers not scoring, goalkeepers conceding have all lead to a rocky last few games. Lost 3-0 and won 4-0 in consecutive matches. 

I'm feeling a bit awkward hence why I haven't played the playoffs yet, part me of course wants to win my way through to promotion. Back to Premier League and Villa's rightful position but I also don't want to be a struggle club next season, I want to go back in good stead for a successful climb up the league. 

Edited by Villan_of_oz
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Seems I'm alone in this thread already, oh well I have no problem reading my own posts just a shame I can't like them......

I'm listening! :)

I won the Championship with Villa in my first season last night (but 4th attempt at a villa save). I spent pretty much all of my transfer budget a couple of weeks before the start of the season, but I was happy with how my squad was looking.

I was waiting for ages for Gollini to come back from his loan though, then I realised. I'd completely forgotten it was a 2 year deal, that's really messed me up. I'm hoping I can find a decent keeper on a free or on loan or it's Steer for the season. I may go back in for Johnstone but he wasn't that great.

• Like 2

started my 2nd season with schalke, 1st game beat wolfsburg away 3-0, 2nd game beat dortmund at home 5-1, 3rd game bayern munich....got dicked 4-0

really struggling for full backs, found a seemingly decent RB at malaga called robles, they want £30m for him, LB i'm really struggling, doesnt help that a load of my targets went to leverkusen instead of me so i ended up buying a load of regens 

fahrmann

ter avest - howedes - vallejo - nastasic

goretzka - thiago maia

pavon - meyer - konoplyanka

luan

on the bench i've got lincoln, clayton, geis, embolo, naldo, huntelaar

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

started my 2nd season with schalke, 1st game beat wolfsburg away 3-0, 2nd game beat dortmund at home 5-1, 3rd game bayern munich....got dicked 4-0

really struggling for full backs, found a seemingly decent RB at malaga called robles, they want £30m for him, LB i'm really struggling, doesnt help that a load of my targets went to leverkusen instead of me so i ended up buying a load of regens 

fahrmann

goretzka - thiago maia

luan

My fullbacks are Weiser (RB) and Henrichs (LB). Quality. German too, so I put a load of bonuses in the purchase and also contract for internation appearances to get the deals done. Hehehehehehe.

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

fahrmann

goretzka - thiago maia

luan

Also, Thiago Maia is qualityyyyyyyyyyy

2 minutes ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

My fullbacks are Weiser (RB) and Henrichs (LB). Quality. German too, so I put a load of bonuses in the purchase and also contract for internation appearances to get the deals done. Hehehehehehe.

i too know that game! id say leverkusen are my biggest rival chasing that 2nd place at the moment so i cant sign their players

maia is good, went with him over cubas, had goretzka whinging about moving to bayern in the summer, tempted in jan just to go out and get cubas too

Â