Football Manager 2017

V01

• 2 weeks later...

I've clocked in my Berwick save that a couple of Villa players are now at Celtic and Rangers.  Hopefully not a sign of things to come?!

Celtic:  Rushian Hepburn-Murphy (absolute goal machine in Scotland, top scorer each of the last 4 seasons), Andre Green and Aaron Tshibola

Rangers:  Jack Grealish and Jordan Lyden 

I've picked this up now. Top of the Championship in November. Rolling Bree (1.8m) at RB, Hourihane (2.7m) at CM with Matty James (4m) next to him.

Ayew is 13 games played 13 goals. Andre Green has 5 goals and 5 assists from AML. Grealish has no goals and 1 assist. Bench for him now.

Doing an experiment at the moment with a game. I'm playing Burton Albion, 22nd in the league, -13 goal difference. I saved before the game and played it out. 7 games later I'm yet to win, have drew 0-0 4 times, lost 1-0 twice and lost 2-1 once. I've scored once in 7 games. 3 sendings off, about 21 yellow cards and 2 missed penalties. I'm trying numerous formations and tactics but I just can't win this game. I'm beginning to think I never will. Cheating AI?

3 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Doing an experiment at the moment with a game. I'm playing Burton Albion, 22nd in the league, -13 goal difference. I saved before the game and played it out. 7 games later I'm yet to win, have drew 0-0 4 times, lost 1-0 twice and lost 2-1 once. I've scored once in 7 games. 3 sendings off, about 21 yellow cards and 2 missed penalties. I'm trying numerous formations and tactics but I just can't win this game. I'm beginning to think I never will. Cheating AI?

Would love to try the save, maybe try and work out why. Personally I think the effect is a bit too much on this years game. The frequency at which a big favorite fumbles at home to relegation fodder is a bit overdone. There are ways to avoid, through squad personality, media, team talk. Busting the complacency bubble without turning them into nervous nellies. Certainly ways to avoid it but yeah. I've started playing defensive mentality at home to shit teams when I feel an upset over the horizon. Usually the team grind and grind then concede from a corner or penalty, but I've actually experienced winning games with 5-6 goals on defensive and contain mentality lately. It should be said I'm beta testing so I'm on a different build but there have been very ME changes of late.

4 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Gone on a bit of a 'boring' spell lately. Dragging out 1-0 wins. Finding it really hard to score at the moment. Koj hasn't scored in 10 games.

XG422g4.jpg

You found a way to beat Burton then.

22 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

Gone on a bit of a 'boring' spell lately. Dragging out 1-0 wins. Finding it really hard to score at the moment. Koj hasn't scored in 10 games.

XG422g4.jpg

I long for the real Villa to have a "boring" spell like that.

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Dante_Lockhart said:

XG422g4.jpg

Curious, how do you find restarting the game if you lose an entertaining experience?

7 hours ago, Paddywhack said:

Does anybody know when the January transfer update usually comes out, is it fairly early in February? I want to start a new save soon but may as well wait.

Late Feb/early March usually, depends how many tea breaks they're having.

• Like 2

So I sold Ayew in January for 19m to Everton. Purchased Sakho from Spam who was transfer listed for 6m. He's banged in 15 goals so far and there is 6 games left. Top scorer in the division is Wells with 23. Can I catch him? It's possible!

Oh, and Ayew has only started 1 game for Everton and is now unhappy and wants to leave. LOL

• 2 weeks later...

Just conceded one of the most frustrating goals i've ever conceded on this game.

Playing as Hamburg I was 2-0 down early against Bayern and managed to pull back to 2-2

86th minute my left back gives away a free kick about 30 yards out. The ref books my player and before he allows him to get back into position be lets them take the free kick. The ball is passed into the space where you'd expect my left back to be and slotted home by Muller.

Lovely.

The official update is usually late feb/early march. 

This guy does an unofficial data update which is usually never more than a week behind any real life changes, currently it's correct as of yesterday.

Â