Football Manager 2017

V01

1 hour ago, This Could Be Rotterdam said:

http://www.tesco.com/direct/football-manager-2017-limited-edition-pc/300-3850.prd?skuId=300-3850

Is this the full version? It says includes touch but doesnt specifically say its the full one? Seems a really good price if it is! 

Yep looks like it mate, just spotted the deal on HotUKDeals too:

http://www.hotukdeals.com/deals/football-manager-2017-limited-edition-tesco-18-delivered-2570138

Really into a groove in my Eastleigh game. Managed to bring in some really good players (on higher wages, but I have reduced squad size to accommodate a bigger wage) and have also been shrewd with sales. Some players have come in from the prem, some from the championship and then league 1 and 2. A massive rebuild.

2cqcw8k.png

Really unlucky to lose to Hull in the cup as well, they were down to 10 men but I just couldn't score - then they get a lucky penalty and win the game.

• Like 1

Finished my first season with Villa, winning the league with 103 points, 10 clear of Newcastle in 2nd. 

Done a load of business once promotion was secured as Dr Tony pumped in £25m into the transfer kitty. 

Brought in Emiliano Martinez on a free as back up to Gollini. Rick Karsdorp rb from Feyenoord, Caulker and Rob Holding as cb quality and competition. Charlie Taylor on a free for lb compition with Amavi. Got in Donny van de Beek young cm from Ajax to develop, and Alireza from AZ for rw. Managed to bring in Dolberg for £9m too. I think my spend is about £45m, but structured deals smartly. 

Still in the market for a cm and goalscorer, told players we're aiming for mid table and they reacted well. Going to be a tough season I think!

so yeah my psg team...

de gea

bellerin - varane - marquinhos - kurzawa

kovacic - pogba - veratti

icardi - dybala - griezmann

struggling to find a really good LB, dybala has been disappointing, icardi and greizmann both scoring a goal a game, smash the league obviously, got the record for games won and points now targeting the goals scored record, not really done much in the CL, need a better tactic for big teams, i will topple fergie...and hopefully get the unbeaten achievement at the same time, i have to get to the top of the hall of fame every year, had a really good game with villa last year where i was about 10 years in to it and was winning everything but bloody blanc was winning everything too so i toppled fergie but was behind him!

• Like 2

On 15/11/2016 at 13:57, bobzy said:

This has turned into possibly the hardest FM game I've ever played :o  So far...

1st season - "Avoid relegation" - Finished 7th in Scottish League Two
2nd season - "Achieve promotion" - Finished 1st in Scottish League Two
3rd season - "Attempt to avoid relegation" - Finished 7th in Scottish League One
4th season - "Avoid relegation" - Finished 2nd in Scottish League One, won the playoffs
5th season - "Attempt to avoid relegation" - Currently 9th in the Scottish Championship

I'm about 20 games in to the Championship season and am only not bottom because Ayr have managed to pick up a staggering 7 points from their first 20 or so games.  I'm on 12 points.  8th place is on 19.  I actually have no idea how I won a couple of games - I mainly manage to scrape some draws.

My team oddly picks up quite a bit of possession and sometimes manages to equal the opponent on shots etc, but it seems that the majority of their key events are goals, whereas mine are near misses or tame efforts.  My academy produces some decent players but they're all wanted by bigger clubs after maybe a season and get unhappy when I turn down bids.  I think my biggest "success" was selling a player to Millwall for £80k PLUS a 50% of next sale clause... massive money at my club (entire balance is about £120k) but I don't think Millwall are utilising him and he'll probably be released at the end of his contract in 2022.  Argh!

Can't sign any free agents from abroad as they don't want to play for a semi-pro team, can't become a pro team as the board apparently don't believe in my ability yet.  It's an absolute struggle.  I fail to see how I can get out of this league - aside from relegation, that's a real possibility!

So from this, I'm now sitting top of the Scottish Premiership in 2026 after maybe 10 or so games.  The Championship was very tough to get out of and, to be fair, I basically fluked it by finishing 4th in the league after 3 seasons in it, but winning in the playoffs with some incredibly favourable decisions in my favour.  e.g: In my first tie, I was trailing 3-1 after the first leg but my opposition (I think Raith) had 2 players sent off after 30 odd minutes in the second leg, which I duly won 4-0 at home.  The gulf between usual Championship teams and those coming down from the Premiership is ridiculous, though.  As soon as I got promoted to the Premiership, life became easier as you can finally sign half-decent players and  the club decided to turn professional.

There have been some pretty weird moments on the way to getting to top of the league (I won't stay there just yet :D):

Prize money:  The Scottish "League Cup" (the Betfair Cup apparently) is at the start of the season and is good as warm up for your players.  I won it in the 2023/24 season and received maybe £160k and a pat on the back.  The teams' bank balance was about £1m (decreasing to about £400k over the course of a season) so £160k was decent money.  Last season (2025/26), I didn't win the Betfair Cup but I did win the Scottish F.A. Cup.  The payments here seemed crazy - semi-final against Celtic earnt me £4.16m and the final against Ross County was a similar amount - £8m!  In Scotland!  My reputation is now at 3 stars and I'm able to sign pretty decent English Championship players as long as they don't want crazy wages.  Huge improvement in my starting 11 for this season.

Work Permit Oddities: I don't know if I've found some strange loophole, or if this is likely only something that tiny clubs are able to benefit from.  I spotted an 18 year old Greek regen without a club and signed him up without a work permit.  He got chucked into my U20 team (and I think played matches?!), eventually getting some Greek U20 games.  I'm not sure how the work permit system works, but he did get granted one and played 10 or so games for the mighty Berwick before Juventus came calling.  Juventus.  Ridiculous.  I sold him for £1m and 50% of next sale clause - hopefully this one actually sticks.  The other players I sold with 50% of next sale clauses all got released on free transfers :(.  However, the main odd part of work permits - sign really cheap African/Oceanic youth players with no work permits.  Loan them out to random clubs throughout the World, with those clubs paying 100% of wages (Slovan Bratislava seems to take a liking to these players).  Sell the players for sizeable profits to clubs after this loan period, despite them having no work permit or ever playing a game for your team!  I think I've raised about £3m a season doing this.  I'm hoping to keep some of the better ones, loan them out, watch them become an International and then get a work permit eventually.  Maybe it will work.

I'll try and get some screenshots uploaded of some of the players (comparatively, they aren't very good) and ridiculous results that I've had (inc. this season in Europa League, a 6-5 away win against Everton.  I was 5-0 up in the first half).  In the meantime, the hardest game ever has become somewhat more achievable.  I thought it would be about 20 seasons from Scottish League Two to Premiership title winners at best - looks like it might happen in 13/14 seasons B)

• Like 2

8 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

Why do they bother with the computer generated faces for regens?  They're terrifying...

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 22.45.45.png

Screen Shot 2016-12-28 at 22.46.32.png

Why the long face?

Â