Football Manager 2017

V01

14 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Anyone playing on a Mac know how you can get out of the game to your desktop without having to close the game?

Haven't got the game myself but are the usual cmd+shift+tab (to switch between software) or F11 to clear to desktop not working?

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Did you buy that regen or have him come through? I don't think I've ever had a great villa regen, on 2016 when I played for 12 years and become the best team in the world I still didn't have a single home grown regen make it

as for the video, gabby was never a wonderkid for me, the villa wonderkid is still Shane Paul 

Robbed him from Tottenham on a free (well i had to pay compensation), fee was very cheap for what he can become.

OygKwR2.png

Here's me so far: Millwall...

season 1 - won league One

season2- finished 7th in Championship (crazy form of superb form at end of season, but didnt miss out on 6th, whoever finished 6th were miles ahead)

season 3- won the playoffs to go up to Prem

season 4- about to go into preseason in 1st Prem season!!!!! club has continously been in debt, and bam were getting 90m for this season in tv rights. cool. board gave me 20m to spend, and 400k per week in wages which is cool as my total wage spend at present is 97k (but theyre all about to get their top division wage increases of about 20-30%) so have wages to allocate if needed.

crazy thing is, i watch argentina and brazil you know, for players, never get the work permits. so one i have never seen until this week, a newgen, 18, no caps for senior or u21 i bid on...6m crazy stats, wants squad rotation... 8k per week.... minimal demands except 32m release clause... and booom... his work permit is approved on appeal! i have been appealing for three years when making signings and actually getting players to want to come! and i never expected this to go through. conditional permit granted! thanks. cant wait to stick this on and watch the game on telly! Also the board have just granted the work permit affiliate club, that's where i pressed save and itll load up next time.

i love that first season in the prem where you have money to spend and get a new influx of quality and treat the squad to some south americans! 

pen n paper time!

Edited by Midfielder
  • Like 1

Second season with Villa. Won promotion at the first time of asking, and now sat 6th in the Premier League after 11 games. I'm doing well against the smaller clubs, but then getting hammered by the top 4. United are already 10 points clear after 11 wins from 11.

My PL signings are-

Joe Gomez, Nathan Chalobah, Jose Sa (keeper from Porto), Jordan Lukaku, Lewis Baker, Mateo Cassierra (potentially awesome young striker from Ajax).

I've also had two potential starting 11 players come through as regens, Looking forward to seeing how they develop.

I swore i'd never get into another game of FM, but I'm hooked again..........

12 hours ago, Midfielder said:

Having just read on another thread, @Xela has three whole weeks off work. 

You just know it makes sense mate. Football Manager 2017. Do it. 

I've just ordered my sheepskin coat and fedora in preparation. no tracksuit manager rubbish for me, I'm going full Malcolm Allison

article-1320970-0BA0D0BD000005DC-625_634

• Like 2

On 11/17/2016 at 16:56, TrentVilla said:

Anyone playing on a Mac know how you can get out of the game to your desktop without having to close the game?

I use F3 on my Mac to get back to the desktop mate.

Or you can swipe upwards with four fingers on the trackpad.

I started at the very top with Barcelona. Used a formation and tactics that went well for me with Bournemouth on FM16. Retain possession 4-3-3Wide. Can't get it to work. Have done some adjustments to it along the season but still in some games we can't score. Suarez have scored 41 with 3 games to go so we are very dominant in some games. Never thought i would need an away-tactic with Barca but Im going to try that in season 2.

I've taken the plunge today with this. More of a casual player and never really got into the last couple of additions, and now have a wife and 9 month old to also contend with. The challenge of Villa really appealed to me on this, however  

Had a look through the squad, and need to add a couple of centre mids (obvs). Disappointed with the stats on Amavi and Tshibola. Ayew and Kodjia with RMC behind looks like it'll do damage.

Anybody have any first season recommendations for me for players to sign?

On 11 November 2016 at 13:09, Midfielder said:

Tarjei can I ask you a question?

Is Forest Green a regular save for you? I live near them, their home is in Nailsworth here in the Cotswolds. Or was it a one-off for that save?

Am I right in thinking that forest green are having a new stadium made and it'll be made out of wood? Nails worth about a 40 minute drive from me! :) 

Just realised 3 seasons in to my save that I forgot to alter my d.o.b at the start and now it seems that I'm a 24 year old manager in the premiership.... Does anyone know how this affects the game?

Â