PieFacE

Wow, I'm out of touch with Prem football.  I only just noticed that Wenger is not in charge at Arsenal anymore.  I just happened to scroll past a picture of Arsenal players being yelled at by someone with dark hair and had a little double take that it was not Wenger.  Had to give it a google and it turns out that Unai Emery is the boss now.  I've no idea who he is either.  It might explain why my fantasy team is not doing very well.

• Confused 1

20 minutes ago, Straggler said:

Wow, I'm out of touch with Prem football.  I only just noticed that Wenger is not in charge at Arsenal anymore.  I just happened to scroll past a picture of Arsenal players being yelled at by someone with dark hair and had a little double take that it was not Wenger.  Had to give it a google and it turns out that Unai Emery is the boss now.  I've no idea who he is either.  It might explain why my fantasy team is not doing very well.

Do you have Wayne Rooney in your fantasy team ?

• Haha 1

• 1 month later...

Signed a new kit deal with Adidas to replace Puma after this season.

£300m over 5 seasons apparently,

Only Man U's deal with Nike is bigger.

wonder if we get to see a return of this one?

Bildresultat för arsenal 93 kit

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

you say that but they are 5th on the social media "rich list" they have more followers than the likes of bayern, liverpool, PSG, Juve

Yeah it's bollocks basically.

Arsenal haven't done much for a few years, but they're still one of the most valuable and most supported clubs in the world.

• Like 1

On 28/08/2018 at 11:55, Straggler said:

Am amazed at how Wenger leaving Arsenal could actually pass anyone by who lives in the U.K. On the day it was announced it was the lead story on both news programmes at 6pm! You weren't having a short city break in Pyongyang at the time were you?:lol:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Am amazed at how Wenger leaving Arsenal could actually pass anyone by who lives in the U.K. On the day it was announced it was the lead story on both news programmes at 6pm! You weren't having a short city break in Pyongyang at the time were you?:lol:

I have no idea what I was doing at the time as I don't remember it happening as I didn't notice it when it happened.  That said I don't watch TV news (or TV much at all for that matter) the huge majority of the way I consume news is internet based and the feeds I use are designed to stick to my interests.  It turns out that the Premier League without Aston Villa in it is as interesting to me as the JLeague, or Sex in the City for that matter.  You will be amazed the amount of headline news you can miss when you really don't care about the subject matter.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Straggler said:

I have no idea what I was doing at the time as I don't remember it happening as I didn't notice it when it happened.  That said I don't watch TV news (or TV much at all for that matter) the huge majority of the way I consume news is internet based and the feeds I use are designed to stick to my interests.  It turns out that the Premier League without Aston Villa in it is as interesting to me as the JLeague, or Sex in the City for that matter.  You will be amazed the amount of headline news you can miss when you really don't care about the subject matter.

Bit like me when I saw a brief clip of Trump in the oval office the other day. Scared me for a bit as he's obviously there to have lunch with the Presid...........oh.

• 2 weeks later...

Some interesting stats behind Arsenals amazing form in recent times.

Despite winning 7 in a row they have allowed 125 shots on their goal by the opposition compared to for example 55 for Man C or 78 for Liverpool. Ranking them 10th in the league.

They also have a 23.7% shot on goal conversion rate (almost 1 in 4 shots on goal results in a goal) which is by far the best in the league.

Can't imagine they will be able to keep that up. Still very impressive.

• 1 month later...

So about Arsenals poor start to the season where they lost their first 2 (granted against good teams)...

ARSENAL footballers passed out inhaling “hippy crack” from balloons at a wild champagne and vodka party.

Gooners stars Alexandre Lacazette, 27, Matteo Guendouzi, 19, Mesut Özil, 30, and Pierre- Emerick Aubameyang, 29, were at the heart of the danger binge on nitrous oxide — which was caught on film.

Get the best Football stories with our daily newsletter

Your information will be used in accordance with our privacy policy

The shocking video footage obtained by The Sun shows Arsenal aces collapsing after inhaling “hippy crack” at a boozy players’ party.

German World Cup star Mesut Ozil, 30, is seen with his eyes rolling as he falls semi-conscious with a gas-filled balloon in his mouth.

French forward Alexandre Lacazette, 27, looks oblivious to his surroundings as he inhales deeply from a balloon while lolling back on a plush sofa.

Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang, 29 — the Premier League’s current top goalscorer — and Bosnian def- ender Sead Kolasinac, 25, also app-ear with balloons in their mouths.

And French whizkid Matteo Guendouzi, 19, appears to lose consciousness after being egged on to join the binge on nitrous oxide gas — which can cause coordination problems, heart attacks and even death.

The poodle-haired midfielder slumps to one side on a sofa surrounded by laughing team-mates clutching balloons and gas canisters.

The astonishing scenes happened at a wild champagne and vodka party enjoyed by around a dozen players in August — just days before the start of the season.

Armenian midfielder Henrikh Mkhitaryan, 29, and German defen-der Shkodran Mustafi, 26, also appear in the footage but neither of them are seen using the balloons.

Seventy girls were specially invited to join the stars the private bash in the exclusive Tape club in London’s West End — where the stars ran up a bill of between £25,000 and £30,000.

The drinks included £2000-a-bottle Ciroc Vodka, £2,500 Hennessy VS Scotch, £2,000 Dom Perignon Champagne and a magnum of £2,000 Ciroc Vodka.

The images will horrify Arsenal fans and enrage no-nonsense Spanish team coach Unai Emery, who has presided over a return to form after a slow start to the season.

A source close to the party told how she was shocked by what she saw. She said last night: “Boxes of ‘hippy crack’ canisters were brought in and the players were blowing up balloons and inhaling.

“They were off their heads on the gas — some of them appeared to pass out. It got pretty wild.

“Özil looked out of it at one point. He took a big draw on a balloon then seemed to lose consciousness and slide down in his seat.

“The young player with the curly hair was also encouraged to have a go and the effect was even worse.

“He inhaled the gas then passed out completely and slumped to one side on a sofa.

In the video French forward Alexandre Lacazette, 27, looks oblivious to his surroundings as he inhales deeply from a balloon while lolling back on a plush sofa

“It was incredible to see so-called athletes and role models taking risks with a dangerous substance.

“If their fans — and their coach — could have seen what was going on they’d have been horrified.

“It got more raucous as the drink flowed. Several left with girls in black Mercedes people carriers as it wound up at around 4am.”

Arsenal suffered a 2-0 defeat at home to Premier League champions Manchester City the following weekend and then suffered a 3-2 loss away at Chelsea on August 18.

The Gunners team have since rallied and are nowly fifth in the table after a 20-game unbeaten run.

Tape, in Hanover Square, was off-limits to the public when the players staged the bonding bash. The millionaire stars were ushered to the plush “Members’ Room” in the basement and settled down in the VIP area at around 11pm.

A reveller said: “Everyone but the players were required to hand in their mobile phones as they arrived.

“The Arsenal lads obviously didn’t want any pictures taken of what they were getting up to.”

Disturbing footage shows older players clearly encouraging Guendouzi to try a gas-filled balloon.

But Mkhitaryan raises his hand to decline the offer and is seen sucking a lolly from a sweet bowl.

The Sun’s revelations look certain to spark retribution from team boss Emery — a disciplinarian renowned for his meticulous approach.

German defender Shkodran Mustafi, 26, also appears in the footage but is not seen using the balloons

At the start of the season, Emery confirmed he had banned fruit juice from the club’s London Colney training base because it contains too much sugar.

A club source said last night: “If Emery was unhappy with his players drinking fruit juice, God knows how he’ll feel about them bingeing on hippy crack and vodka. It happened a while back and they’re on a good run but he surely can’t ignore this sort of behaviour — particularly from senior members of the squad.”

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/7919695/arsenal-footie-aces-including-filmed-passing-out-in-hippy-crack-club-binge/

Imagine where they might have been in the table had they not been hung over for their opening games :D 

Â