PieFacE

17 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not really sure what Schmidt is doing on this apparent list...Leverkusen are having a poor season and it's rumoured he might get the sack soon. I had to chuckle at the Mirror tagline under his name "took 4 points off Spurs this season."

That is the usual lazy journalism. He won't make the end of the season with Leverkusen and haven't really done much to be on a list like that.

20 hours ago, PieFacE said:

Arsenal fans are so crap.  

The ones I know down here in London are either totally deluded Wenger fan boys or you'd think they support a team who are threatened by relegation each year.

The Wenger fan boys always start out thinking they'll win the league, but then then reality sets in, they'll drop out of the title race, out of the Champions League in the last sixteen, but they won't accept it's time for change. There's currently some of them who still think that fourth is a complete certainty this year even though there's five clubs vying for three places (2nd/3rd/4th) and it's far from certain. 

It's funny when they get sensitive when you suggest Arsene should be replaced, they act like there's nobody in world football who can replace him. I'm sure all those years ago they were all definitely saying: "We should get that Wenger bloke from Grampus 8". 

Then you've got the morose supporters: they buy their club class season tickets and spend the whole season moaning about how shit everything is. Whilst I think they should be doing better than a couple of FA cup wins in ten years, it's not all doom and gloom like some of them make out. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Szczesny is no.1 for 2nd best defence in Serie A this season and I doubt he would have made errors Cech did in recent weeks. he was beaten by a 30 yard daisy cutter against Watford and dreadful vs Chelsea

Wojech problem has always been his decision making....it's these mad rushes from goal that mean he concedes penalties and lets in easy goals....I remember him conceding one when Roma played a champions league play off game in August.

I also remember when we played them first game of the season few years back and he came out of his area and Westwood of all players nearly scored from the half way line, now that would've been embarrassing.

The fact he's been on loan two years now....I really don't see a future for him at Arsenal.

I do agree Cech is past his best now. He can still make good saves though.

14 hours ago, PaulC said:

I always thought there was a great keeper in Szczesny. But he did make too many errors at arsenal.

Agreed with this. Fantastic shot stopper, but then let's in some real soft ones. Let in a terrible one at his near post this weekend, but it got ruled out for offside.

Szcesny, from watching him in games, interviews and the club's youtube channel I always got the impression he was just there for the laugh and that he wasn't too concerned with reaching his potential. Never seemed to be concentrating or really thinking about what is the correct decision. Just all instinct.

I know he was a highly rated youngster and was earmarked for years as the No.1 for the longterm but he seemed to be very happy to have secure a decent contract and sit back.

Â