PieFacE

16 minutes ago, kurtsimonw said:

Wenger says the first goal was "100% a foul". 

I think he's right to be honest. But from the angle the referee was at he wouldn't have been able to see the elbow to the head and the linesman would have been to far away. 

18 hours ago, PaulC said:

Gary Neville summed up their problem. They don't pay enough attention at stopping the opposition playing.

On Radio 5 they commented on this before the game saying that they never alter their set up for the opposition.

Its complete arrogance by Wenger and it's why they have such a terrible record against the top sides.

• Like 1

Would Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd give a manager 13 seasons to win the league? That's how long its been for Wenger

Edited by Xela

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Would Chelsea, Man City or Man Utd give a manager 13 seasons to win the league? That's how long its been for Wenger

It's a difficult one because Arsenal haven't fallen to the depths Utd and Chelsea have recently, nor have they been bankrolled by oil billions.  Has he underachieved?  Yes, there has been at least two seasons he has had the league begging to be won and failed to win it but most of the time I don't think they've been favourites.  If he does have to go, I think there is a real possibility they may miss out on top 4 next season which I think could be more costly to Arsenal than the other clubs.  They need to identify the right person to take over before they make the decision.  Who it is I'm not sure, Simeone is the obvious world class manager but I'm not sure if he'd fit.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sharkyvilla said:

It's a difficult one because Arsenal haven't fallen to the depths Utd and Chelsea have recently, nor have they been bankrolled by oil billions.  Has he underachieved?  Yes, there has been at least two seasons he has had the league begging to be won and failed to win it but most of the time I don't think they've been favourites.  If he does have to go, I think there is a real possibility they may miss out on top 4 next season which I think could be more costly to Arsenal than the other clubs.  They need to identify the right person to take over before they make the decision.  Who it is I'm not sure, Simeone is the obvious world class manager but I'm not sure if he'd fit.

Chelsea won the league with Mourinho, had an awful year last season, made the change to Conte and looks as though they are going to win the league again. 2 titles in 3 seasons. I think i'd prefer that to finishing top 4 every year without challenging. Sometimes you need to take a chance. 

As for the money, the rumours are that its there waiting to be spent, but he just won't use it! How frustrating. 

7 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

Yeah it's not even close to being a foul. If that's a foul, EVERY corner would be a few free kicks and penalties at once with players making contact with each other.

You and TrentVilla are quite clearly just completely anti-Arsenal.

That's fine - but the first Chelsea goal should be a foul all day long.  Alonso has flown in and smashed his arm into the defenders' head before getting the ball.  I don't think Arsenal would've stopped Chelsea in any case, but to not think that is a foul is bonkers.  I'd be absolutely livid if someone scored like that against us.

Â