PieFacE

4 hours ago, LakotaDakota said:

Looks like it wasn't his choice, He was asked to leave at the end of the season, Said no so was sacked & paid 9 million quid

None of that shocks me. He'd still want to be Arsenal manager at 80, just couldn't let go so eventually the board had to act (particularly as it's likely they will again miss out on CL).

2 hours ago, Zatman said:

Thierry Henry among favourites is baffling

Imagine that's just the usual fan betting pushing the odds down isn't it?

Fans always want a club legend to take over, despite the fact it hardly ever works.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Imagine that's just the usual fan betting pushing the odds down isn't it?

Fans always want a club legend to take over, despite the fact it hardly ever works.

Vieira though be a more sensible option

Or David O'Leary ;)

On 20/04/2018 at 20:07, PompeyVillan said:

Yup, he's done amazing things for which he should be applauded. However, his legacy is tarnished as far as I'm concerned by basically refusing to win anything. 

Yeah, except for 3 FA Cups in the last few years, something we could only dream of.

There are 3 trophies up for grabs each year (domestically). Arsenal have won one of them the past 3 years running, and yet they're a failure apparently.

Arsenal fans are a joke in my own view, I really hope their next appointment goes spectacularly badly so that they can actually experience failure.

I  thought it was interesting that Wenger confirmed that he was sacked when he said "the timing was not my choice". Sad that he didn't have the perspective to step away when the time was right. He also is certain that he'll work again so it'll be interesting to see where he ends up.

1 minute ago, a m ole said:

the timing of the announcement before the Europa league game, I believe he was referring to.

correct. The timing of the announcement was not his choice. He wanted to wait till the end of the season before revealing it. You can understand why as the circus has just started again.

Â