PieFacE

something ive always been confused about because this forum is so big on saying "X is over rated massively". When people talk about them in the media do you think theyre talking about current ability or potential?

Because ill be surprised if theres many in the media who talks about sterling/wilshire/kane as being world class or extremely extremely good. Most of the time, imo, theyre often talking about their potential, which you just cant deny for sterling/wilshire/kane. They are good players, potentially extremely good (sterling only one i would put in who is potentially world class). I just dont see how anyone can argue that. I dont know, i just think a lot of fans think media are bigging them up due to their current ability when a lot of the hype is about their potential

could be wrong

I don't think Kane is all that to be honest. If there's ever a definition of an over-rated footballer it's him IMO. 

something ive always been confused about because this forum is so big on saying "X is over rated massively". When people talk about them in the media do you think theyre talking about current ability or potential?

Because ill be surprised if theres many in the media who talks about sterling/wilshire/kane as being world class or extremely extremely good. Most of the time, imo, theyre often talking about their potential, which you just cant deny for sterling/wilshire/kane. They are good players, potentially extremely good (sterling only one i would put in who is potentially world class). I just dont see how anyone can argue that. I dont know, i just think a lot of fans think media are bigging them up due to their current ability when a lot of the hype is about their potential

could be wrong

I don't think Kane is all that to be honest. If there's ever a definition of an over-rated footballer it's him IMO. 

like which parts of him is being over rated? Hes had one season in the prem, 21 goals in 34 appearences....30 goals in 39 appearences  + 5 assists including the cups. In his first season, at the age of 21/22. Thoroughly deserved all the hype he got given in the media as thats one hell of a return. Better return than Benteke who is often labelled as "world class" on this forum. And everybody is saying its going to be difficult to replicate that next season but he could still do it and if he did hes going to be extremely good. Has anybody called his current ability world class? The form/ability shown last season is very very good. Still struggling to see the overhype lol

And its not like he just scored tap ins like darren bent. He was very good at leading the line and linking up

Edited by gharperr

The way he plays football. Which I view with my eyes and not with stats.  I just don't think he is that great of a footballer. Darren Bent scored shitloads of goals, he isn't a great footballer.

Now I'm not saying Kane is as good as Bent, that remains to be seen, there's a part of me that think Kane could actually be a one season wonder. 

Benteke is a much much much better footballer than Kane. His all round game is so much better and contributes to play so much more. Kane is a good solid Premier League footballer judging him by last year,  but he's nothing special imo. 

Edited by PieFacE

Yeah I think Kane is being hyped just the right amount.

I really want to dislike him, but he looks a very good player.

Of course he could be a one season wonder, but I really don't think he is. He's not amazing at anything, but he's very good at pretty much everything.

He's a clever player, something which he'll have to be now that teams know more about him. I think he'll continue to do well because players who naturally find pockets of space are the hardest to defend against. Consider Müller, who similarly isn't particularly fast, strong or technically gifted, but is clever and gets goals & assists because he finds space.

Lol jk Kane is shit haven't you seen his pace?

Edited by CarewsEyebrowDesigner
  • Like 1

They will never win the title again whilst Arsene Wenger is in charge.

He can only get his team to perform when the title is already lost or the pressure is off. When was the last time they got anywhere in the CL? Look at last year against Monaco at the Emirates, complete **** naivety..and it comes from the top....and it has been happening for the past decade.

Arsenal will start slowly, lose to the big boys, the title will be gone and all of a sudden they will start playing again when there is not much riding on it. Then it will be their year again..

Hello.

Â