PieFacE

3 hours ago, kurtsimonw said:

All because he delayed on stumping up an extra few quid for Higuain. Not to worry, they wouldn't have needed his 112 goals in the past 3 and a half years anyway.

They nearly signed Suarez though!

How you going to start Ospina, Gibbs, Coquelin, Iwobi, and Chamberlin and expect to beat Bayern? That's half the team who are all mediocre. Then you sprinkle in Xhaka, Mustafi, and Ozil who are all inconsistent. Arsenal's squad is so poor compared to the top teams. I mean Arsenal's best options off the bench were Walcott or Giroud, while Bayern have Muller, Kimmich, and Sanches. 

personally think when wenger goes they will struggle for a few years, I don't think that squad is good enough for top 4 yet wenger gets them there and they get knocked out by a good team.

any new manager going in there will need to rebuild from front to back.

26 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

personally think when wenger goes they will struggle for a few years, I don't think that squad is good enough for top 4 yet wenger gets them there and they get knocked out by a good team.

Being knocked out by a good team is fine. But since 2011 they've lost every first leg in the Ro16 by 2+ goals. Including 3-1 at home against Monaco. That's shocking.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jimzk5 said:

any new manager going in there will need to rebuild from front to back.

Definitely agree. Wenger is working wonders getting Arsenal top 4 every single season. Their squad is basically a couple really quality players mixed in with a lot of mediocre mid table players. I honestly think Arsenal will drop hard if Wenger leaves. 

On the other hand though, maybe the new manager will get the funds that Arsenal has and be able to make quality signings. They need a DM, a top winger, and probably another midfielder. Cazrola is getting older and Ramsey is inconsistent/injured. 

But if Wenger leaves, I'd make a large bet on them finishing outside of top 6. 

1 hour ago, Czechlad said:

Definitely agree. Wenger is working wonders getting Arsenal top 4 every single season. Their squad is basically a couple really quality players mixed in with a lot of mediocre mid table players. I honestly think Arsenal will drop hard if Wenger leaves. 

On the other hand though, maybe the new manager will get the funds that Arsenal has and be able to make quality signings. They need a DM, a top winger, and probably another midfielder. Cazrola is getting older and Ramsey is inconsistent/injured. 

But if Wenger leaves, I'd make a large bet on them finishing outside of top 6. 

But it's Wengers fault the squad is bad!

• Like 2

11 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I forgot Sanogo and Flamini are the other two that now spring to mind. They sign average players, who perform average, then reward them for their average displays by giving them staggering deals  and just keep them around for an eternity. For what? Why? Are they 'triffic lads or something? All I see is losers. This current bunch will be the same if Wenger stays on for another 5 years.

Bendtner was just as bad as well, he must have been at Arsenal for about a decade and did nothing

Arsenal squad is poor.  Arsene is trying to recreate his era of buying unknowns and turning them into the invicibles. 

Arsenal need a LB,CB,RW & ST of the highest quality.

they have way too many average players who I couldn't even picture getting another deal at top 10 prem clubs

• 3 weeks later...

He took off Giroud and Welbeck as they were losing too. It's almost like he manages out of spite. He's a great manager from a bygone era. He has a massive ego and his employer doesn't care what happens as long as they're in a tournament every spring.

There was a conspiracy theory on five live yesterday, they said that this week Wenger had discussed with the board a new deal for Sanchez and they were suggesting that Wenger benched him out of spite in a "this is how much we struggle without him" type move.

This apparent new contract that's on the table for Wenger should be rescinded and he should get the send off he deserves at the end of the season for his excellent service and achievements there.

Clearly he has gone on too long and clearly Arsenal will never match the fans ambitions under him. They should move the earth to get Simone in, and then accept that the shit way Arsenal play i.e. end less passing off the ball outside the oppositions box, no real penetration against good defences and the sheer mental fragility they have, is simply not winning football. Arsenal need a winner in charge, not someone who has disappeared up his own ass with his 'philosophies'.

2 hours ago, Genie said:

There was a conspiracy theory on five live yesterday, they said that this week Wenger had discussed with the board a new deal for Sanchez and they were suggesting that Wenger benched him out of spite in a "this is how much we struggle without him" type move.

I took it more as Alexis has told Wenger he wants out so it was similar to when Fergie started benching Beckham, Rooney and RVN in big games.

Thing I don't get is surely Giroud with Alexis and Welbeck either side was surely the logical option for the game and you can get in an extra CM that way. I know he's been injured last few weeks but surely Ramsey was another logical selection with Ozil missing.

I really don't get why Ox and Iwobi are doing to be justified being selected every game, neither have done anything for months.

On ‎16‎/‎02‎/‎2017 at 23:15, Zatman said:

Bendtner was just as bad as well, he must have been at Arsenal for about a decade and did nothing

Theo Walcott must be the worst. He has some decent spells during a season but never ever kicks on at that point.

When in the last 10 years has Walcott ever had a Hazard type season and been considered one of the best players in the league.

Still at Arsenal though and no sign of moving.

Â