PieFacE

17 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Who can they get that is better? Honestly which manager would leave their job to come to Arsenal that Arsenal would actually want?

don't really know who they'd be after but I imagine quite a few. They won't be after a name like Mourinho or Ancelotti, it will be someone with promise at the level below that.

29 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Who can they get that is better? Honestly which manager would leave their job to come to Arsenal that Arsenal would actually want?

Well the rumors are Allegri and Tuchel, with the latter one stating he'll be staying with Dortmund but Allegri supposedly leaving to be replaced by Spalletti at Juve.

• Like 2

35 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

There are only a handful of managers in world football who wouldn't take the job. It would be easier to name the ones that wouldn't go surely? 

They've got the infrastructure and the money to compete at the very, very highest level. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

There are only a handful of managers in world football who wouldn't take the job. It would be easier to name the ones that wouldn't go surely? 

They've got the infrastructure and the money to compete at the very, very highest level. 

Absolutely, and it's not the club that's averse to spending money.  It's Mr. If I don't try then I can't fail.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

But my point is who would Arsenal actually consider. I am sure the likes of Sherwood, Garde, etc would want the job, but there is no way Kroenke would give it to someone without a history of success or at least someone promising.

The point is Arsenal won't fire Wenger unless they can get someone who would almost certainly get them champs league. Which manager could Arsenal get that would achieve that goal?

6 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

But my point is who would Arsenal actually consider. I am sure the likes of Sherwood, Garde, etc would want the job, but there is no way Kroenke would give it to someone without a history of success or at least someone promising.

The point is Arsenal won't fire Wenger unless they can get someone who would almost certainly get them champs league. Which manager could Arsenal get that would achieve that goal?

People keep mentioning Allegri?

I'd probably need to do a bit more research into what managers are available and where they are in their careers to give you a solid answer. Truth is, none of us will really know but as I said, I doubt there are more than half a dozen managers in the world who would turn them down outright. 

5 hours ago, Czechlad said:

There's a very long list of better managers, especially given the money they can offer.

not that all would do a good job but Sampaoli, Ranieri, Allegri, Blanc, Emery, Enrique all have achieved more in recent seasons and will probably be interested and available in the summer. throw in Koeman as well he doesnt look too comfortable at Everton in that he seems he would walk if opportunity came up. 

I do wonder if Arsenal would even try and then have balls to try tempt Pochettino though. He would be perfect for them

• Like 1

So are Arsenal really letting Wenger decide for himself if he want's to stay or not?

I know he's an institution there but letting him run the club by himself is a bit much surely.

13 hours ago, Zatman said:

not that all would do a good job but Sampaoli, Ranieri, Allegri, Blanc, Emery, Enrique all have achieved more in recent seasons and will probably be interested and available in the summer. throw in Koeman as well he doesnt look too comfortable at Everton in that he seems he would walk if opportunity came up. 

I do wonder if Arsenal would even try and then have balls to try tempt Pochettino though. He would be perfect for them

Do you think PSG will sack Emery then. Be a bit harsh because of one bad match really.

"If we look at the last 19 games, we have won 16, drawn two and lost against Barcelona. We are showing that was an accident. The team is doing well." 

Edited by PaulC

36 minutes ago, sne said:

So are Arsenal really letting Wenger decide for himself if he want's to stay or not?

I know he's an institution there but letting him run the club by himself is a bit much surely.

Well it is pretty much his decision to make, and I think he has earned the right to make it.  But the board will obviously be far more in the loop than we will, so they'll be doing the relevant groundwork if he does decide enough is enough.  They won't be wanting for suitors, that's for sure.

The funny thing is I've heard three rumours from people who've "heard things".  One is that he's walking.  One is that he's giving it one more year and the other is that he'll sign a 2 year contract :lol:  I guess someone will be right.

Well the decision to accept a contract offer or not is his, the decision to offer a contract is the clubs. Personally I don't think they should offering him one or if they have it should be withdrawn.

To allow him to continue would be just repeating mistakes of previous summers.

8 hours ago, PaulC said:

Do you think PSG will sack Emery then. Be a bit harsh because of one bad match really.

yes. they have won last 4 Ligue 1 titles and he was brought into help them win in Europe and he embarrassed them in that regard. He will also probably lose the title

5 minutes ago, PaulC said:

Bit harsh to judge him because of a mad 3 or 4 mins though and the title is far from settled yet.

they won the title last year by 31 points. he has completely flopped

9 hours ago, sne said:

They've offered him a contract and Wenger is deciding whether to take it or not. Therefore club want him to stay.

Â