North American Lions Club Meetup - Chicago - Sept. 23 - 25, 2016

ArizonaVillan

Knowing several of the members & chairmen from around North American, I can assure you that even a social media Luddite like yourself would be welcomed like a long lost drinking buddy. I have gathered some info from the event page for you.

Here's a link to the Globe Pub, the HQ for the event.

It has been confirmed that Ian Taylor will be attending. His schedule isn't fully known yet ...but it is hoped that he will be there for the Villa - Newcastle broadcast at the pub as well as participating in the Villa supporters v. Globe staff football match.

The raffle looks top rate, with many items related to Villa & several of the supporters groups, as well other football items from around N. America & the Chicago sports scene.

Also, here is the front/back design for the shirt for the meetup, if you're so inclined (believe it's a blue shirt this year).

t-shirt-front-amp-back%20med_zps6yd1v74m

Finally, I have cut & paste the schedule from the event page below:

Friday September 23

11:00 am - Early arrivals meet for brunch (location TBD)

1:00 pm - Arrive at the Globe for the official opening of the weekend. Ceremonial shot of Malort for those in attendance (mandatory activity)
Time TBD - Head out to play a coed game of footie against The Globe team and staff. Please bring suitable footwear and a claret and blue Villa shirt (any
version will do).

Time TBD - those still standing return to The Globe.

Saturday September 24

10:00 am - Return to The Globe

11:30 am -The big kick off. Come on, you Villa Boys!

2.30 pm - Playstation4 FIFA tournament commences.

4.00 pm - Raffle drawing

8.00 pm  - 'Who's This Mary" takes to the stage ...
"We play original, power pop as well as cover versions of Britpop, Post-Punk, 60's - 90's, New Wave and tributes to
The Cure, The Jam, The Cars, Buzzcocks, and Echo & The Bunnymen."

Sunday September 25

Open schedule. The Globe will be showing the lives games for those who want to meet and watch them. There will also be a golf tournament for Ihose who
want to join. Details to follow. I highly encourage those who are able to join. It is not specific to our meetup. But it will be a fantastic event.

If anyone wants to explore the lakefront or city, I can help with recommendations.

General info

Raffle tickets will be on sale from 1 pm Friday until 3 pm Saturday. We have already announced some prizes on the Facebook event page. More to follow.

The Globe has an extensive breakfast, lunch and dinner menu, so there should be no need to leave
at any point, but if you do wish to venture beyond the 4 walls for food, I can give recommendations.

We strongly encourage singing of Villa songs. If you've been to a meet up for the Chicago Lions
before you'll know we are loud and proud. So bring your singing voices. Banter is very good at The
Globe between the fans of all teams (predominantly Arsenal, Man City and Liverpool), but be
respectful. There will be a lot of alcohol flowing, so please remember this is our home. If things start
to get heated, hug it out and let's continue to show our class. The Globe is also in a residential area
so when leaving late at night/early morning, try to keep the noise down.

There you have it. Hope you can make it. Cheers.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry I can't make it...really regret it. Its my damn bar job. Weekends are really hard to get covered.

Hope you have a great time, and we 3 get points against the barcodes

Edited by maqroll

Much appreciate you posting the link @ArizonaVillan. It was great fun watching the game with a bunch of Villa fans for the first time in ages and ages. Unfortunately work required me to leave not too long after the game and before the temptation to stay drinking took over (which was strong), but I'll defo be up for doing this again and properly next year.

• Like 1

Â