Steve Round

meme

I don't have an issue with Round persee. His role is a bit hidden or unknown to most fans anyway, but the behind the scenes stuff seems to be a bit more organised and joined up over the last year.

Round sounds like he is well connected within the game, but could also mean Moyes is out of the running given how Moyes was this guys boss before.

21 hours ago, AshVilla said:

Seems like a fraud to me.

He talks the talk but were certainly not walking the walk.

Been  reading some of the replies to collymores tweets last night and a few Everton fans seem mystified how the hell Round got such a job at villa - , spoke to an Everton season ticket holder at work and seems Round and wyness were not too popular among fans during their time at Everton either .

Edited by Eastie

41 minutes ago, AndyGray1985 said:

Round was brought in when Irvine left to become a manager and never convinced. Irvine did a much better job.

My opinions on Wyness have already landed me a warning on here.

The appointment of Round seems like nepotism at its finest. He came here with a very non descript job description of fluff and bluster. It's only recently that he's been asked to develop a 'Villa way' which gives his position some substance. 

As for Wyness: people only need to search his name on Grand Old Team and have a good look around the various threads in which he is mentioned to know there's very, very little love for him at Goodison. 

Edited by Morley_crosses_to_Withe

4 hours ago, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

The appointment of Round seems like nepotism at its finest. He came here with a very non descript job description of fluff and bluster. It's only recently that he's been asked to develop a 'Villa way' which gives his position some substance. 

He mentioned wanting to create a 'Villa way' and an identity for the club in his first interview on the day he arrived and repeated it in the full round of media he did on arrival. It's not going well, but the message hasn't changed.

Change Max Power to Aston Villa and that's pretty much where we are.

"There is 3 way's to do things. The right way, the wrong way and the Aston Villa way.

Isn't that just the wrong way?

Yes! But faster!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, AndyGray1985 said:

Round was brought in when Irvine left to become a manager and never convinced. Irvine did a much better job.

My opinions on Wyness have already landed me a warning on here.

Will probably land you another one

"Please don't comment on moderating"

Or even me one, for commenting, about commenting.:ph34r:

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

He mentioned wanting to create a 'Villa way' and an identity for the club in his first interview on the day he arrived and repeated it in the full round of media he did on arrival. It's not going well, but the message hasn't changed.

Fair enough. The next managerial appointment will be very interesting because surely they will go for somebody who emodies whatever he intends this Villa way will be. 

On 8/19/2017 at 18:16, TrentVilla said:

No it didn't, failing to provide a link to an article did.

I saw that later - just remembered a warning :)

It's been close to a year since I made that post.

Edited by AndyGray1985
Added text

Lads.

Plenty of people out in the professional community that can do this job!

If he fails, look to Southampton. They wrote the manual on this. 

kvein Langan, the head coach of Uncc here in the usa. Perfect fit. But what do I know......

• 3 weeks later...
19 minutes ago, sne said:

Can't understand how one of the brightest young thinkers in the game (sic) can sit and just let this shit show continue. 

Xia needs to clean house and start again with new people.

I could live with that, and spend a couple more seasons down here if I could see a plan I could get on board with.

I think a lot of supporters could.

• Like 2

On 19/08/2017 at 13:12, Morley_crosses_to_Withe said:

Fair enough. The next managerial appointment will be very interesting because surely they will go for somebody who emodies whatever he intends this Villa way will be. 

Well, it's the Villa Engine, so possibly someone from F1?

Â