Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

He played his part no matter what he does the rest of the season. Absolutely carried us at times. 

His form has dipped a bit.. Green may take over in coming weeks but no way you drop him during a 5 game winning streak. Hes played ok enough. His work rate is underrated. Tracks back and defends. 

• Like 1

I fancy him to score on the weekend.  He had a great 1st half against Barnsley, he had a quiet one last night - he'll deliver on Saturday.

We all have bad games (wasn't even bad, just quiet and a little ineffective).

Keep going Albert! :) 

• Like 1

I think he should be dropped. If no goals or assists he doesnt offer much. 

Edit: To be fair though because he has no full back overlapping he no longer has the space to come inside on to his right foot. If we are going to continue with Hutton at left back then we need a left footed player on the wing. 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I wonder if he and Agnew are not the best of buddies, or did his form start dipping pre-Agnew? 

I'm assuming they were together at Boro weren't they? 

I think he looks the same he has all season minus the goals. Even in the games he scored he didn't actually play that well but scored crucial goals. 

• Like 1

I think he's been pretty poor most of the season. 

His goal spurt masked that a lot IMO. 

It seems to me he frequently gets into good positions then fails to beat his man or crosses poorly.

Jack delivered some sublime passes to him Wednesday which he failed to capitalise on or completely missed. 

A shame Green had a poor game in the cup, looks to soon for him to challenge yet so Adomah carries on. Hopefully he has a better game Saturday. 

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I think he's been pretty poor most of the season. 

His goal spurt masked that a lot IMO. 

It seems to me he frequently gets into good positions then fails to beat his man or crosses poorly.

Jack delivered some sublime passes to him Wednesday which he failed to capitalise on or completely missed. 

A shame Green had a poor game in the cup, looks to soon for him to challenge yet so Adomah carries on. Hopefully he has a better game Saturday. 

I think he has had some good games this season, but is now in a bit of a form dip.

Needs to snap out of it if he can.....I though he was below par on Tuesday.

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

Not disagreeing, but I think people tend to forget that he is often being asked to cross with his wrong foot - something which I think he is far better at than Snodgrass.

• Like 1

For me, he and Snodgrass are two of the best if not the best wingers in the league. We are most effective when the rest of the team gets the ball to them, let them do their magic, and good things happen. He absolutely carried us for the first half of the season and might well yet do the same for the second. He took a while to adjust here but now he is a great player I am delighted he is with us. I think we signed him at his peak and for his best years. Pretty canny business by whoever did it. Particularly as we ended up with some money for "Can run fast" Traore.

Edited by ciggiesnbeer

On 2/1/2018 at 05:31, Vive_La_Villa said:

I think he should be dropped. If no goals or assists he doesnt offer much. 

Edit: To be fair though because he has no full back overlapping he no longer has the space to come inside on to his right foot. If we are going to continue with Hutton at left back then we need a left footed player on the wing. 

What do you want him to offer? he scored plenty this year and last season he assisted with 10. Even this year he has 3-4 assists together with his 11 goals. Very underrated. Yes sometimes hes poor but he has that bit of quality every now and then. 

4 hours ago, VILLAMARV said:

Goal and an assist then from Mr Shouldbedropped :D

He's a real enigma and no mistake. 

I thought he was awful for 98% of the game today. Poor crosses and CONSTANTLY running into the first defender. Everytime he got the ball out wide I was "come on then, act like a winger" only to be left shaking my head again. 

In the remaining 2% of of his involvement he scored a goal and got an assist.......... How do you criticise that? 

• Thanks 1

Â