Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

• 4 weeks later...

Him and Elmo must have shown a lot in training. Hard to judge when a lot fo what they were doing was so disjointed anyway. Good to see him back, I think Smith will be rotating more than Bruce did and I think Albert can do a jb for us when he's match fit, the training has sunk in and he's got some confidence back.

I thought he played well today. Pressed well, tracked back, showed good energy to get forward. Yes he should have scored but he put a good header in to set up Jacks volley and put a great ball in to Abraham who missed a sitter.

ive been one his biggest critics. But harsh to to criticise him today in my opinion. 

• Like 3

Not sharp enough for me....slow in thought and movement....not enough energy.

wasn't his worst game, but not for me.

He doesn't look like a player the opposition would be too concerned about, most of his runs just fizzle out, in to a token gesture.

I will be surprised if he features in DS's long term plans.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

Not sharp enough for me....slow in thought and movement....not enough energy.

wasn't his worst game, but not for me.

He doesn't look like a player the opposition would be too concerned about, most of his runs just fizzle out, in to a token gesture.

I will be surprised if he features in DS's long term plans.

I think you're spot on. His touch is poor, but also doesn't make good runs, very static and thoughtless in play.

• Thanks 1

Today just summed up his villa career in a nutshell.

At times unplayable but other times a non-entity.

He's too inconsistent and at best a steady midtable championship player.

This is his level i think we need better if were wanting to go up.

Edited by AshVilla
  • Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

While he hasn't played every minute of course he has terrible end product over the last 25 or so games.

1 goal and 3 assist in 27 league games is dreadful. Granted a few of those were sub appearances.

Kodija has 4 goals and 2 assists in 24 games since he came back from injury. Granted he's been played on the flank a lot.

If nothing else it shows we need better options on the flanks.

Bolasie must get to full fitness and so does El Ghazi otherwise he must be sent back and replaced.

Could have had an assist or two on Saturday to be fair to him, but too little too late for me.

One thing I will note is against Bolton at home, he would deliver another nothing ball or fluff his lines with a shooting opportunity, but the coaching staff praised him more than any other player. "In again" "Well played" etc

I think his head has gone and they are trying to play him into form.

Â