Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

What I love about him is that even when he plays a really shit ball - and he did that at least three times today - he just puts his hand up, sprints back and doesn't hide the next time he gets it. 

Probably my favourite player these days. 

I think one of the main things he has added to the team is his runs inside on the last man. His positioning in general is very good and usually leads to finding space. Now I don't know if it is entirely him or the combination of his movement and Kodjia/Davis occupying defenders.

1 hour ago, lexicon said:

We swapped him for Adama... That makes me smile every time I think about it. 

It's like we're being repaid in karma for the Milner/Ireland deal. 

But Adama is the next Pele who never really got his chance under Remi Garde. ;)

6 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought he looked shakey first half. He was having to help out a lot defensively and didn't do it very well.

But second half he was excellent. Again.

His achilles is his defensive qualities, but decent offensively and usually links well with Kodjia.

1 hour ago, mikeyp102 said:

That's not strictly true, he was injured the first few games and had missed parts of pre season 

Yup that is true, but it did take Adomah a while to get back into the team. He had some great cup performances but was largely ignored in the league. He was fit for nearly a month before Bruce gave him a chance and that was because of Green's injury. If it weren't for Green's injury, I really don't think Adomah would have been playing much. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I thought he looked shakey first half. He was having to help out a lot defensively and didn't do it very well.

But second half he was excellent. Again.

I think Hutton was a liability behind him all game with his bombing forward and ambling back. To me at least it looked like Adomah was very aware of that threat, second half I think for a variety of reasons he was able to focus on his own game a little more.

I thought Fredericks was a real threat and had a pretty good game for them down their right.

12 hours ago, TrentVilla said:

I thought Fredericks was a real threat and had a pretty good game for them down their right.

Excuse the mini diversion but in the handful of games I've seen him play he has always impressed me. Not sure enough to justify us buying another right back though! 

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, villaglint said:

Excuse the mini diversion but in the handful of games I've seen him play he has always impressed me. Not sure enough to justify us buying another right back though! 

He'll be going on to a "big club" IMO.  Very classy player.

Â