Albert Adomah

dont_do_it_doug.

Not consistent enough for me

If were to get promoted he needs to turn up every week and tear the opposition to shreds

If you compare him to someone like Ritchie at Newcastle last season he's a bit shit

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Wezbid said:

At the very least he is a good squad player. He was involved in a large percentage of Villa goals last season. Consistency is the aim for next season but I don't get these parts writing him off and saying he's not good enough. 10 assists from 30 starts its decent. He needs to score a few more but as I said, a good option to have, if even just from the bench. 

I don't rate him at all. I think I said earlier on here, yes he has a lot of assists but most of them were for Kodjia. Now most people agree that Kodjia creates most of his goals out of nothing. This suggests that Albert just happens to be the last player to pass that ball to him before he does his thing. This doesn't make Albert great, it just means he was the most forward player, as you would expect. 

I am not saying he did nothing to work for all of his assists, but merely moving the ball onto an individualist would earn many players a high assist stat. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

I don't rate him at all. I think I said earlier on here, yes he has a lot of assists but most of them were for Kodjia. Now most people agree that Kodjia creates most of his goals out of nothing. This suggests that Albert just happens to be the last player to pass that ball to him before he does his thing. This doesn't make Albert great, it just means he was the most forward player, as you would expect. 

I am not saying he did nothing to work for all of his assists, but merely moving the ball onto an individualist would earn many players a high assist stat. 

This post does not make sense. He did exactly what he is there for.

If all the players had done their job to the level he did, we would have been in a much better position.

• Like 3

In the few "dressing room" interviews I have seen with the players, most of them seem to say he is the "most skillful".

I still haven't seen anything "special" from him to be honest, and he comes off as an "Almost good" player to me alot.

Doesn't seem that fast, skillful, or have the best delivery to me,

Although "Almost good" is alot better than alot of the dross we have seen recently.

Also seems a top guy, but as others have said, I feel there are much more incisive and efficient versions of him.

• Like 1

I like him, he works hard and usually causes problems for the opposition. I'd agree that he hasn't really shown himself to be as skillful as he supposedly is, but I'd be happy to have another Adomah on the left hand side.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AntrimBlack said:

This post does not make sense. He did exactly what he is there for.

If all the players had done their job to the level he did, we would have been in a much better position.

It makes perfect sense to me. 

On 21/05/2017 at 12:19, Michael118 said:

Bacuna over Adomah every day for me.

One is Scottish Premier League quality the other is Championship quality.

Don't agree with the first line, spot on with the second though ;)

Really like him, would really be effective if we moved the ball quickly to leave him 1 on 1 Instead of taking 10 passes to reach him when the whole opposition has shuffled sideways and doubled up on him. If we had another wide player on the other side (who?) and moved the ball quicker it'd be interesting. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

In the few "dressing room" interviews I have seen with the players, most of them seem to say he is the "most skillful".

I still haven't seen anything "special" from him to be honest, and he comes off as an "Almost good" player to me alot.

Doesn't seem that fast, skillful, or have the best delivery to me,

Although "Almost good" is alot better than alot of the dross we have seen recently.

Also seems a top guy, but as others have said, I feel there are much more incisive and efficient versions of him.

Fair enough however, we don't own any of them and seem unlikely to attract them so I'm kind of failing to see your point.

It's like saying Kodjia is good but he's not as good as Diego Costa so we might as well bin him.

8 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Really like him, would really be effective if we moved the ball quickly to leave him 1 on 1 Instead of taking 10 passes to reach him when the whole opposition has shuffled sideways and doubled up on him. If we had another wide player on the other side (who?) and moved the ball quicker it'd be interesting. 

Andre Green?

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

Andre Green?

Yeah, would like to see Kodjia behind hogan (assuming we don't buy a target man, with Adomah and green either side. Was watching sky archive this morning Two forwards with an attacking midfield ( no defensive midfielder) supplying them. 

1 minute ago, Stratvillan said:

Yeah, would like to see Kodjia behind hogan (assuming we don't buy a target man, with Adomah and green either side. Was watching sky archive this morning Two forwards with an attacking midfield ( no defensive midfielder) supplying them. 

I don't know if Kodjia has the footballing intelligence to play in behind Hogan, we've seen Kodjia as the main forward and he was outstanding. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if they can combine

43 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Fair enough however, we don't own any of them and seem unlikely to attract them so I'm kind of failing to see your point.

It's like saying Kodjia is good but he's not as good as Diego Costa so we might as well bin him.

This indicates that either I grossly underrate him, or you grossly overrate him.

You can probably look all over the championship and find quality wingers/am's at lesser teams.

Diego Costa/Kodjia example is ludicrous, however the COSTA at Wolves falls into one of those examples of winger/AM.

Anyway , hopefully they ALL get better next season.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Good Player, not great.but has done his job, nowhere near the List of who should go.

If he had the extra attributes some require he'd be in the Premier League !!  His flaws are clear but that's why he is with us, rather than, say , Burnley..

• Like 3

17 hours ago, terrytini said:

Good Player, not great.but has done his job, nowhere near the List of who should go.

If he had the extra attributes some require he'd be in the Premier League !!  His flaws are clear but that's why he is with us, rather than, say , Burnley..

Exactly my thoughts.

He does his job. He gets a load of assists.

He lacks consistency but if he had that he'd be in the Prem.

• Like 1

On 5/30/2017 at 18:24, sir_gary_cahill said:

I don't know if Kodjia has the footballing intelligence to play in behind Hogan, we've seen Kodjia as the main forward and he was outstanding. I suppose we'll just have to wait and see if they can combine

Kodjia has lots of attributes......but he needs to learn how to play with others.

Â