Jump to content
dont_do_it_doug.

Jonathan Kodjia

Recommended Posts

54 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

He did not do more than Abraham, cant be arsed to pull up stats but I'm pretty confident that Abraham will have touched the ball more, ran more yards and had more efforts on goal. 

You would hope so, considering he played 70 more minutes than him.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It was a weird cameo really. When we were in possession he was lively, he chased the ball down the flanks, got involved, nearly scored and assisted a goal. But when they had the ball he was just totally disinterested, didn't close down, press the defense, chase back. I guess it was classic Kodjia, 8/10 when in possession, 2/10 when out of possession

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Personally I hope we can replace him and move him on during the summer. He's not the player he was since his injuries and I don't think his heart is in it anymore. Doesn't play like he's enjoying himself anymore.

 

I think a transfer is best for both parties.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I think the fact some are praising Kodija for his cameo is more a reflection on how bad he has been at times this season rather than him having a good game. 

I think people are forgetting how good he was before his injury. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, weedman said:

It was a weird cameo really. When we were in possession he was lively, he chased the ball down the flanks, got involved, nearly scored and assisted a goal. But when they had the ball he was just totally disinterested, didn't close down, press the defense, chase back. I guess it was classic Kodjia, 8/10 when in possession, 2/10 when out of possession

10/10 for observation.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don’t think he has been played in his preferred position much at all this season and that is why he isn’t performing as well as he can, we might very well need him next season when Tammy has gone. 

I do think if played like for like that Kodjia would also be in the top goal scorers list this season. 

  • Like 1
  • Confused 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t think he has been played in his preferred position much at all this season and that is why he isn’t performing as well as he can, we might very well need him next season when Tammy has gone. 

I do think if played like for like that Kodjia would also be in the top goal scorers list this season. 

I disagree mate. He has lost a yard of pace and it’s made him very predictable.  He’ll be used from now and until the end of the season but I’ll be amazed if he is not sold in the summer. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, bannedfromHandV said:

You say he ran the channels and put pressure on full backs, when? I recall hkm running into channels once or twice with a centre back and despite having a yard or two headstart was still beaten to the ball, 

I think on both occasions when he did that he could comfortably have got there first, but he let the defender come in with no option but to put the ball out for a throw in, wasting some time and getting us up the pitch. I don't think that was bad play at all, but I can see why people may have thought he should have got there first.

 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, poitier said:

I think on both occasions when he did that he could comfortably have got there first, but he let the defender come in with no option but to put the ball out for a throw in, wasting some time and getting us up the pitch. I don't think that was bad play at all, but I can see why people may have thought he should have got there first.

 

I’m not so sure. It seemed more like he didn’t fancy being shoulder barged. Maybe I’m being harsh. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

I don’t think he has been played in his preferred position much at all this season and that is why he isn’t performing as well as he can, we might very well need him next season when Tammy has gone. 

I do think if played like for like that Kodjia would also be in the top goal scorers list this season. 

I don't think many have the faith in kodjia that you have. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

When people on here decide they don’t like a player, they just criticise at every opportunity.

There was nothing wrong with his cameo.

in fact, he did less ‘wrong’ than Tammy did during that match.  

I’m not suggesting that he’s better, and should be starting blah blah blah, and in general Tammy’s all round play has been incredible.  In general Tammy’s contribution and work ethic is a total joy to watch.

BUT.. Against forest he had a mare.

He headed wide from 6 yards out unmarked.

He fluffed a shot that ended up being better than what it should, and he made a poor effort from an opportunity where we could have scored with McGinn charging into the area.

Passes repeatedly went astray, and 2-3 times he headed into a space where the forest players ran onto with no villa players around them.

Honestly, I don’t remember many positives from his performance at all, which is very unusual for him.

So when people say Kodjia did more when he came on, I agree.

Does that mean I’m asking for Tammy to be dropped? Kodjia to start? No.

But to give him grief over his cameo is harsh.

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Thug said:

When people on here decide they don’t like a player, they just criticise at every opportunity.

There was nothing wrong with his cameo.

in fact, he did less ‘wrong’ than Tammy did during that match.  

I’m not suggesting that he’s better, and should be starting blah blah blah, and in general Tammy’s all round play has been incredible.  In general Tammy’s contribution and work ethic is a total joy to watch.

BUT.. Against forest he had a mare.

He headed wide from 6 yards out unmarked.

He fluffed a shot that ended up being better than what it should, and he made a poor effort from an opportunity where we could have scored with McGinn charging into the area.

Passes repeatedly went astray, and 2-3 times he headed into a space where the forest players ran onto with no villa players around them.

Honestly, I don’t remember many positives from his performance at all, which is very unusual for him.

So when people say Kodjia did more when he came on, I agree.

Does that mean I’m asking for Tammy to be dropped? Kodjia to start? No.

But to give him grief over his cameo is harsh.

 

but it could be argued.....after so many good games you are due a bad one.

It depends how you look at it.

I think Tammy shows more aggression up front than Kodj, which helps to makes things happen for a player.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I’m not so sure. It seemed more like he didn’t fancy being shoulder barged. Maybe I’m being harsh

sadly, I don't think you are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The one Forrest centre half seemed to think he was a rugby player and Kodjia certainly didn't want any of him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
36 minutes ago, AVTuco said:

WTF Jonathan, WTF has happened to you?

Tammy Abraham.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, Thug said:

When people on here decide they don’t like a player, they just criticise at every opportunity.

There was nothing wrong with his cameo.

in fact, he did less ‘wrong’ than Tammy did during that match.  

I’m not suggesting that he’s better, and should be starting blah blah blah, and in general Tammy’s all round play has been incredible.  In general Tammy’s contribution and work ethic is a total joy to watch.

BUT.. Against forest he had a mare.

He headed wide from 6 yards out unmarked.

He fluffed a shot that ended up being better than what it should, and he made a poor effort from an opportunity where we could have scored with McGinn charging into the area.

Passes repeatedly went astray, and 2-3 times he headed into a space where the forest players ran onto with no villa players around them.

Honestly, I don’t remember many positives from his performance at all, which is very unusual for him.

So when people say Kodjia did more when he came on, I agree.

Does that mean I’m asking for Tammy to be dropped? Kodjia to start? No.

But to give him grief over his cameo is harsh.

 

Kodjia came on and got beat in a race to the ball by a player who had been on most of the game at that point.

I think Kodjia is lazy, selfish and never looks like he wants to work for the ball unless it's laid in front of him.

He is that one player i would without a doubt get rid of in summer, I myself have no faith in him anymore. This season he has been diabolical and again and again has been unreliable which is a shame as he's now a shadow of his former self.

Some club might pay a couple of mill for him but at this rate we would be lucky to get 500k..

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Kodjia came on and got beat in a race to the ball by a player who had been on most of the game at that point.

I think Kodjia is lazy, selfish and never looks like he wants to work for the ball unless it's laid in front of him.

He is that one player i would without a doubt get rid of in summer, I myself have no faith in him anymore. This season he has been diabolical and again and again has been unreliable which is a shame as he's now a shadow of his former self.

Some club might pay a couple of mill for him but at this rate we would be lucky to get 500k..

He looks full of melancholy.....and plays accordingly.

He never makes anything happen for himself, due mainly to the above.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Jonathan Kodjia v Billy Sharp

one extreme to the other in terms of approach.

fortunately Tammy has more of the Billy Sharp approach, but we need a permanent signing like that.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Dave-R said:

Kodjia came on and got beat in a race to the ball by a player who had been on most of the game at that point.

I think Kodjia is lazy, selfish and never looks like he wants to work for the ball unless it's laid in front of him.

He is that one player i would without a doubt get rid of in summer, I myself have no faith in him anymore. This season he has been diabolical and again and again has been unreliable which is a shame as he's now a shadow of his former self.

Some club might pay a couple of mill for him but at this rate we would be lucky to get 500k..

He has a case of the Jordan Ayews 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites


×
×
  • Create New...
Â