Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

17 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

I know this is a little thing.

But what the hell is going on with that 'o'?

Me creating the 'Villa misspell new player' joke.  I'm well funny me.

1 minute ago, GENTLEMAN said:

Yes but I reckon prices have been inflated since last year. 

Id agree. but I still think 11M is good business from a city point of view, although if he scores the goals which get you promoted the 11m wont seem like much in the big pucture

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Based on?

Someone is being play out of position with Ayew, McCormack, Kodjia, and Gestede. I guess one of those 3 could be an option off the bench, but I doubt any would be happy with that. 

This is all just speculation on my part, but I don't see how we can even fit Ayew, McCormack, and Kodjia in an XI without have someone out of position.

1 minute ago, Czechlad said:

Someone is being play out of position with Ayew, McCormack, Kodjia, and Gestede. I guess one of those 3 could be an option off the bench, but I doubt any would be happy with that. 

This is all just speculation on my part, but I don't see how we can even fit Ayew, McCormack, and Kodjia in an XI without have someone out of position.

Play 2-4-4 formation?

3 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

Why do they need to play in the same XI? Aren't we crying out for depth?

• Like 3

1 hour ago, rodders0223 said:

I fail to see how getting promoted with make £17m on a "raw" 26 year old will make it a bargain.

It is all well and good stating it is not my money but when your owner gets bored and withdraws his backing and your club ends up **** then people suddenly become accountants.

I think 15m for this guy is utter madness, yet alone with the add ons. Utter madness.

Well I think last place in the Premiership is worth something like £96m in TV money alone. Before you get started on improved sponsorship deals, etc.  So spending £40m on players to get promoted leaves plenty of room to make a "profit", be up financially on where we are now and hence be a bargain.  Of course if we do get promoted I expect The Good Doctor to be looking at the revenues from finishing top half rather than at the bottom - so still lots of room for more spending.  It is only if we don't get promoted in the next 2 seasons that this doesn't look like a decent deal.

• Like 1

Just now, dont_do_it_doug. said:

Why do they need to play in the same XI? Aren't we crying out for depth?

I don't think they should all play in the same XI, but who do we sit? I don't think we would sign McCormack and Kodjia to be subs, so then it would be Ayew and Gestede. 

Just now, Czechlad said:

I don't think they should all play in the same XI, but who do we sit? I don't think we would sign McCormack and Kodjia to be subs, so then it would be Ayew and Gestede. 

Ayew has been playing out on the right and will continue to do so, IMO. 

7 minutes ago, Czechlad said:

I presume it'll be something like this:

Ayew--MccCormack--Grealish

--------------Kodjia--------------

With Gestede on the bench.

• Like 3

Just now, Mantis said:

I presume it'll be something like this:

Ayew--MccCormack--Grealish

--------------Kodjia--------------

With Gestede on the bench.

That's what I'd like to see since I posted the same thing in another thread. Question is who will work better at the right winger, Ayew or Kodjia? Ayew hasn't been impressing me in that spot. 

Â