Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

I had never heard of him before this window, so cannot really pass judgement on him at the moment. It seems like a lot of money, but with the way transfer fees have been going this summer I don't know what is good value and what is not anymore. Good luck Jonathan, welcome to the club, bang some goals in and help get us promoted then the fee will be irrelevant.

20 goals last season in a side not exactly creating many chances.. We have likely created more chances than Bristol did last season in 5 games. I hope Kodjia thrives.. Also Ayew pass to the word removed, don't treat him like you treat McCormack.. 

Just now, useless said:

It's only £11m, which is nothing in today's game. Pretty much a bargain.

Where's that figure from? I got the BCFC tweet of "fee worth up to £15m".

11 Million plus add ons (meaning he has to do well for us to pay) is decent business in this window

• Like 1

OS

Aston Villa Football Club is delighted to announce the signing of forward Jonathan Kodjia from Bristol City.

The 26-year-old completed his medical at Bodymoor Heath this morning before penning a four-year contract.

Kodjia scored 20 goals in 48 appearances for the Ashton Gate outfit last season and now links up with the Ivory Coast for their 2017 Africa Cup of Nations qualifier against Sierra Leone on Saturday before returning to Bodymoor Heath.

Boss Di Matteo said: “We are really pleased to have secured the services of Jonathan.

“He is a proven goalscorer and hopefully he’ll play an important part in what we hope will be a successful season for the Club.”

Welcome to B6

The BBC, but I suspect for them to get the full £15m he will have to have done very well for us, in which case he will have been worth the money, especially if one of the conditions is that we get promoted this season.

• Like 2

Â