Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

From what I've seen of him, he still a bit raw. His passing isn't great partly due to a habit of not looking up.

However he scores goals for fun and has a great work rate.

Would be a very good signing for us. I'm not worried about the fee, its not my money!

21 minutes ago, dounavilla said:

I think there is a culture amongst some fans who like to be in the "see,I told you first " bracket.

ha ha its a popular trait.

Its like the women over the fence ( well years ago)....."ooooohhh did you here about Mrs Jones"....."No,well you get to know these things don't you" euphemism for nosey b****** arn't you.

roll on, Les Dawson.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, TRO said:

Interesting.

My comment about being robbed was not singling out Bristol City.....more about the demise we have created in previous years.

But hey, A good scout or talent spotter is worth his weight in gold.

Can we sign Mark Ashton instead then?:)

Ps for a minute I thought you was from the Dark Side BCFC.......I went in to a cold sweat.

Hands off! :bruce_h4h:

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, deeps said:

My opinion on it being a panic buy. I refuse to go by YouTube videos.

If this was the guy we really needed he would of signed weeks ago when we were looking at him before. We were put off by the price tag and now reportedly paying more than we were first quoted?

Everything about this deal/situation screams flop to me.

Even if he was a "panic buy" (he's not), what relevance does that have to his ability? You can't really judge a player based on the circumstances of how he comes to the club. If we were buying him at the beginning of the window would you be saying the same thing?

I'm pretty sure this is done, I'm not ITK at all, but someone on our forum who often gets tidbits (and is Birmingham based) has heard medical is completed, with the deal being £15m plus add ons.

At the same time it appears we are close to singing our replacement- Gustav Engvall from IFK Gothenburg for circa £2m.

• Like 1

I don't get this"panic buy" business.

You have your top targets, and if you can't get them you move down the preference list until you can get second, third or fourth choice.

The only alternative is not signing anyone, or just buying anyone you can get your hands on.

All indications are that JK has been one of the strikers on our list. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, JamesBCFC said:

I'm pretty sure this is done, I'm not ITK at all, but someone on our forum who often gets tidbits (and is Birmingham based) has heard medical is completed, with the deal being £15m plus add ons.

At the same time it appears we are close to singing our replacement- Gustav Engvall from IFK Gothenburg for circa £2m.

Do you reckon he is worth the money?

1 minute ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Do you reckon he is worth the money?

Not £15mil. Personally I'd say £6-8m. But the price is driven up because we essentially have 3 years of his contract left (it's 2, but the club holds an option), WBA and Hull are also after him, so there's an element of a bidding war, we have no need to sell and only a couple of days to get a replacement signed (though Engvall is apparently done).

Then again, even if he scores 1 goal for you all season (he'll get much more), but it happens to seal promotion then he's worth it.

• Like 1

Just now, Dr_Pangloss said:

£17m? We're being absolutely mugged off.

Only if we don't get promoted in the next two seasons.  Fact is that the new TV deal means that being in the Premiership is worth so much money that transfer prices were bound to go through the roof.  I wonder what we would all be saying if Newcastle signed a £17m striker and we signed a £3m striker???  If he scores enough goals to help us get promoted then he'll be a bargain in terms of net value.  Even if we sell him back to Bristol City after we've been promoted for only £5m - it would still be a profitable transfer.

24 minutes ago, Ponky said:

I don't get this"panic buy" business.

You have your top targets, and if you can't get them you move down the preference list until you can get second, third or fourth choice.

The only alternative is not signing anyone, or just buying anyone you can get your hands on.

All indications are that JK has been one of the strikers on our list. 

Its virtual insanity isnt it?

• Like 1

Â