Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

On 07/12/2018 at 23:30, TRO said:

No Heart.

Yep. If you're pissed off about being on the bench, when you get an opportunity you should be trying to prove the manager wrong. 

Friday was not the way to do that. 

28 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Wow. Some harsh comments on here!

.......shit—I just watched the replay. Yeah what a load of crap! Wtf is he doing?! It's such an obvious run to follow.

While I agree some of the comments on him are harsh, it is equally not the way to behave either.

He always seems to come fighting back and I hope JT can have a word in his ear.

Sell him, na. Big mistake imo.

41 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

Wow. Some harsh comments on here!

.......shit—I just watched the replay. Yeah what a load of crap! Wtf is he doing?! It's such an obvious run to follow.

The mental approach is bone idle.....and it finds its way to his legs.

Edited by TRO

2 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I lean towards agreeing, and would say he just needs a "kick up the backside", but when I think about it, he has had those before!

We need to start weighing pros and cons.

We are no longer a crap team which needs a selfish player who can provide a moment of individual brilliance.

We are becoming a good TEAM which needs everyone on the same page and putting in the same shift!

You are bang on the money.

In the past, we secured results on the back of just individual brilliance.....we still do to, but have added a team effort too, hence goals coming from all over the team.

We do not JUST rely on individual brilliance, so Kodg is not quite so indispensible.

We have to be aware that much of our best players are loanee's....but I would re-deploy our assets much better.

Its clear to me in order to secure promotion, we need consistency as a key element.....I don't think Kodg is positively consistent.

He has a face like a well smacked ****hole.....full of melancholy.

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I lean towards agreeing, and would say he just needs a "kick up the backside", but when I think about it, he has had those before!

We need to start weighing pros and cons.

We are no longer a crap team which needs a selfish player who can provide a moment of individual brilliance.

We are becoming a good TEAM which needs everyone on the same page and putting in the same shift!

Totally agree with you whilst not forgetting we still have a great striker in there somewhere. 

Like you say, another kick up the arse, or just played in his natural position?

Tbh, I expexted Kodja to replace Tammy on friday given how much of an off game he was having.

Fwiw, Kodja is still vital to us until June.. once we are promoted then we should consider maybe moving him on then.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, AvfcRigo82 said:

Totally agree with you whilst not forgetting we still have a great striker in there somewhere. 

Like you say, another kick up the arse, or just played in his natural position?

Tbh, I expexted Kodja to replace Tammy on friday given how much of an off game he was having.

Fwiw, Kodja is still vital to us until June.. once we are promoted then we should consider maybe moving him on then.

I think you are right, we will need to keep him until the summer, even if to prevent him scoring against us like Grabban and injuries and suspensions are so unpredictable.

Tammy will not be left out that quickly......his work rate would be sorely missed, he leads the line and shows effervescence in his play, his enthusiasm is infectious to us.

Kodg does not do that with the same dedication and courage.

Albion, clearly targetted Tammy as the player to go to.....He will have better games, but he is 21 and his overall game is superior to Kodg.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

I think you are right, we will need to keep him until the summer, even if to prevent him scoring against us like Grabban and injuries and suspensions are so unpredictable.

Tammy will not be left out that quickly......his work rate would be sorely missed, he leads the line and shows effervescence in his play, his enthusiasm is infectious to us.

Kodg does not do that with the same dedication and courage.

Albion, clearly targetted Tammy as the player to go to.....He will have better games, but he is 21 and his overall game is superior to Kodg.

And hopefully his long term replacement if Chelsea agree to it. 

• Like 1

I don’t think he is lazy or doesn’t care.

He is just not a very intelligent team player. For their goal first he goes on a run and gives the ball away when all we had to do was keep the ball. Mcginn did the same but you can forgive him as he got the ball to then other end of the pitch.

Then Kodija just completely switches off and lets Philips run past him. He even looks up, stops running, then it clicks he has left his man and starts running back.

It’s like he hadn’t warmed up adequately and wasn’t switched on for the game at all. 

Its not good enough for such an experienced player. 

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

I don’t think he is lazy or doesn’t care.

He is just not a very intelligent team player. For their goal first he goes on a run and gives the ball away when all we had to do was keep the ball. Mcginn did the same but you can forgive him as he got the ball to then other end of the pitch.

Then Kodija just completely switches off and lets Philips run past him. He even looks up, stops running, then it clicks he has left his man and starts running back.

It’s like he hadn’t warmed up adequately and wasn’t switched on for the game at all. 

Its not good enough for such an experienced player. 

You may have a point......but then being competitive kicks in with most players.

even if a player is not on his game, he can be a nuisance to the opposition.

(or as Rodriguez demonstrated a battering ram.) I could not see Kodjia scoring that goal.

Its work rate for me and a players perceived committment to it.

The frustrating thing is, he has talent......but without application, talent is wasted.

I love a trier....he leaves me a bit short.

Edited by TRO

The guy just isn't a very good footballer. Not a team player and lacks a football brain. Has individual moments of brilliance but far too often either doesn't read the game that well, or simply isn't motivated enough to do the parts of the game he doesn't fancy. 

That's why he has never played at a higher level.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, gwi1890 said:

It would be silly to sell him, I can only see a championship team in for him no need to strengthen our rival if we go up by all means sell him.

Nobody is going to pay him the wages we are at his age so he won't be going anywhere IMO. 

• Like 1

Â