Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

1 hour ago, villa89 said:

Bruce mentioned this issue when he did his ankle in the first place (it's mentioned in this thread). Wouldn't surprise me at all if he never made it back.

I remember thinking/dreading this then. Quite possible.

3 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s unlikely to be a career ender surely? Blimey, I hope that’s not the case. Would we have insurance in place against players getting crocked, or is it just the luck of the draw with investing in players?

I believe they are all insured against serious injury. They aren't allowed to do certain recreational activities because of it even when they're on holiday. Ski-ing, rock climbing etc.

• Like 1

I’ve feeling once this window closes Kodija May see some light at the end of the tunnel and be back training by March. I just think Bruce is over stating the length he will be out so we go all out for a striker so we don’t have to rush him back like last time. It’d be lovely to have him fit for the last few games and potentially the playoffs. 

2 hours ago, dn1982 said:

I’ve feeling once this window closes Kodija May see some light at the end of the tunnel and be back training by March. I just think Bruce is over stating the length he will be out so we go all out for a striker so we don’t have to rush him back like last time. It’d be lovely to have him fit for the last few games and potentially the playoffs. 

So you're saying he'll be back in may?:ph34r:

I think we need to just calm down and wait and see how the season progresses before speculating on his career being over. absolutely no foundation that this is the case. I am hoping we might see him end of season, bruce might just be saying that to get the fans and team not to rely on big kodjs return. have to admit though kodjia although is absolute quality we look more of  a team without him. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

It’s unlikely to be a career ender surely? Blimey, I hope that’s not the case. Would we have insurance in place against players getting crocked, or is it just the luck of the draw with investing in players?

Pure speculation of course, but low bone density mentioned by Bruce as a reason for not healing properly and now a very long process again... doesn't sound promising.

• Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 17/01/2018 at 14:07, AVTuco said:

Pure speculation of course, but low bone density mentioned by Bruce as a reason for not healing properly and now a very long process again... doesn't sound promising.

He will have had it his whole life/career no? His ankle will heel, but considering we have no idea the extent of the problem it's a bit mad to talk about it being career ending. 

What is more worrying is that we didn't spot it early on and give him more recovery time. 

I doubt be back before the end of the season. They won't risk it. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

He will have had it his whole life/career no? His ankle will heel, but considering we have no idea the extent of the problem it's a bit mad to talk about it being career ending. 

What is more worrying is that we didn't spot it early on and give him more recovery time. 

i-see-what-you-did-there-gif-14.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

11 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

I don’t think we wanted him to go on international duty at the time he got injured but we couldn’t stop him going - Sod’s law I guess .

18 hours ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

A bit mad yes, almost like pure speculation.

I don't speak with any authority on Kodjia's position, I don't even know the specifics of his current injury.

That said there are a few injuries you can obtain which are career ending, probably not all that insightful, I know.

I was just chatting yesterday to a fellow basketball player who's professional career was ended at a very young age, he didn't give me his age but mentioned that he was in his 2nd season back from playing college ball in the states when the injury hit. One year to get full movement back and professional career over apparently.

I'm obviously no doctor but it happens.

I was hoping to receive better news by entering this thread. All the best Kodjia!

• 2 weeks later...
3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats good news. i have my reservations if he will ever be as good as he was again. Think about it he has hardly played any football in almost 2 years

Sorry mate but he got injured in April last year towards the end of the season. Missed pre-season and played 8 or so games this season. Hardly 2 years. The issue is his bones but he has been fine most of his career until now. My feeling is that he will be back next season and still be one of our best players. Well I hope for our sake.

• Like 1

Just now, omariqy said:

Sorry mate but he got injured in April last year towards the end of the season. Missed pre-season and played 8 or so games this season. Hardly 2 years. The issue is his bones but he has been fine most of his career until now. My feeling is that he will be back next season and still be one of our best players. Well I hope for our sake.

He played 8 games (some as sub) but he looked way off the pace. We still dont know if he will even be back by end of the season. if not we wont see him in a competitive game until at least August

i dont think he even completed 90 minutes did he~? (might be mistaken) I did say almost 2 years not quite 2 years :mrgreen:

23 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

He played 8 games (some as sub) but he looked way off the pace. We still dont know if he will even be back by end of the season. if not we wont see him in a competitive game until at least August

i dont think he even completed 90 minutes did he~? (might be mistaken) I did say almost 2 years not quite 2 years :mrgreen:

It's not even a year yet though!

The club can't be that worried about his ankle anyway.  They've given him a basketball to train with.

• Haha 1

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

It's not even a year yet though!

The club can't be that worried about his ankle anyway.  They've given him a basketball to train with.

I guess I am being harsh but I am not really counting those 8 games as he didnt really play that much and looked way off the pace. Just concerned its been a long while since he has played properly. 

Â