Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

3 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

I can see clubs being interested in buying him yes, at that point it largely comes down to the player.

You can argue all day about being under contract but it means little-to-nothing if the player wants a move, at that point we either sell or force him to stay which in most cases leaves you with a highly demotivated and disgruntled employee who, as a result of the discord, is likely to contribute less than they're capable of.

I get your point, and these things are obvious.

However I think alot of people are still suffering from LernEllistitis.

The only way I could see him going is after next season if we fail to get promoted.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So you can see us selling Kodjia this summer then yes?

I can and if we get silly money I see no reason not to. I do think that Bruce would prefer to play with a Hogan type striker as opposed to Kodjia.  

1 hour ago, sne said:

Everton when Lukaku goes in the summer?

Probably not since he's miles from that quality, just got a weird feeling they might want him.

Could see them in for Benteke if Palace go down.

• 2 weeks later...

Apparently some people are mad about this video. lol. We really are a miserable bunch aren't we?

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/ive-never-been-more-embarrassed-a-mixed-reaction-to-aston-villas-eccentric-social-media-post/

‘I’VE NEVER BEEN MORE EMBARRASSED’ – A MIXED REACTION TO ASTON VILLA’S ECCENTRIC SOCIAL MEDIA POST

Aston Villa’s official Twitter account have released a video of Jonathan Kodjia’s tribute to theShooting Star meme, which has swept the internet lately, causing a mixed reaction from fans on social media.

The video is put together around Kodjia’s celebration following his first goal in Villa’s recent victory over Sheffield Wednesday, and shows him dancing in space then a number of iconic movie scenes.

Whilst most official social media sites are posting updates on their players and interviews with the coaching staff, Villa’s video of Kodjia is out of the ordinary.

Kodjia has become a popular figure at Villa Park this season, scoring 15 goals in the Sky Bet Championship, and offering some light in what has been a gloomy season at Villa.

The 27-year old was in fine form heading into the international break, scoring four goals in his last five appearances, lifting Steve Bruce’s side into the top-half of the Championship table.

• Like 2

That's brilliant! Love the random choice of tune also. Can see why some will diss it but it's something different and appealing to the younger generation. Good to see we are trying to be creative with our social media output. Can't stop watching it 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Mjvilla said:

Just a bit of a laugh isn't it?? Some proper miserable **** around. I think it's hilarious.

The same people who complain that we are stuck in the dark ages, we have been left behind, we are no longer relevant blah blah blah.

Shit like this is the way forward off the pitch, social media, global audience, going viral, increasing brand recognition etc..

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 19:13, TRO said:

Yeah, I think me too.....but sir Brian was a bit special too.

Andy Gray was very very exciting too.....but never had their technical ability.

Best three strikers ever Gray, Little and Shaw imo but of course its since the 90s so they cant be included. Shaw won the best your young player in Europe award in 1982 so that shows his pedigree.

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 1

3 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

It's hilarious. 

Although made slightly less hilarious by being a blatant rip off of the LA galaxy video from the other day. 

except noone gives a shit about them so dont know about it ;)

I found it hilarious. Great stuff. Now if we can do one with Barry Bannans forward through ball from a few years back..

Â