Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

23 minutes ago, birdman said:

If the guy had just made that ONE easy pass today he may have come out of this with a bit of credit. Anyway looks like hell be starting for us for the foreseeable

Not if Davis is back

Honestly **** him.

So annoyed at that effort. How can that be good for the team to have him on the bench. Ghazi would have at least run around a bit. Absolute disgrace.

Edited by Tomaszk

I think he was trying so hard to impress to secure a place. Plus he's selfish anyway and that's not something new.

He's lazy in terms of putting effort. But he still have some tricks in his pocket. When Grealish gave him the ball he didn't get it but when he came to their defenders he done some lovely tricks, but as usual, horrbile decision making.

I'd prefer him when we're having a lot of the ball. But definitely Davis against the likes of City or away games.

When you think of it, we barely used Davis or Lansbury last season. We only started Kodjia for couple of games upfront. Yet it seems when we're up now, we use them more! I don't mind as I rate Davis, and didn't think that Lansbury is a bad player at all. But with all what we've done, our squad is still short.

1 hour ago, abdulaziz1 said:

I think he was trying so hard to impress to secure a place. Plus he's selfish anyway and that's not something new..

I can't believe this is a real opinion. Stunned.

• Like 1

Idiots in the stands yesterday saying that Kodjia was doing well, filling in for Grealish whilst he pressed.

Grealish had to press after playing 90 minutes of football because Kodjia was too lazy to press. The only reason Grealish was going past him was because he could see Kodjia strolling around.

I've been an advocate for Kodjia starting over Wesley, but based on yesterday I don't want to see Kodjia as a lone striker for this club again. Ship him out in January and bring in someone who is prepared to fight for the club.

• Like 2

Kodjia is the most laziest player I've seen for such along time, the only time he tries it seems is when he's playing youth teams.

Having him in this club just sets the wrong tone, he offers nothing at all, he should be ashamed of himself and his performances if you can even call them that.

I want him gone, I want someone who will come out and want to show the fans that he deserves his place in the team. I'm sure he think we're privaliged to have him, wrong attitude, selfish and thinks only of himself and not of his team mates.

Should of sold him when we had the chance to get 9 mill for him, I'd rather stick an under 23 in before kodjia from now till the day he leaves.

Think we should at least give him 90 mins to play before writing Kodjia off, we've all given Wesley insurmountable time to adjust to the premier League. Let's not write off Kodjia based on 20mins. If Keinan is out then he is the only option to play up top.

Edited by supermon

11 minutes ago, supermon said:

Think we should at least give him 90 mins to play before writing Kodjia off, we've all given Wesley insurmountable time to adjust to the premier League. Let's not write off Kodjia based on 20mins. If Keinan is out then he is the only option to play up top.

Ideally we will have mitrovic / another quality finisher to use instead but till then it's down to kodja and the youngsters if el ghazi or trez isnt used.

I note trez claims he was a forward for 9 years recently ?

6 minutes ago, supermon said:

His work rate at the end of a tight relegation six pointer, when he’s come on fresh, was worse than anything Wesley has dished up.

I hope someone pulled him up on that after the game.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, villalad21 said:

The constant bashing of Kodjia after one poor cameo is embarrassing.

Yet you can’t bring yourself to praise Wesley for playing well, only to criticise him for missing the nuance of one letter in a non-existent word when writing in his 3rd or 4th language.

You seem to think it makes sense never supporting Smith because of vague assertions about what he did or didn’t do when manager of Brentford and Walsall when, let’s be honest, you weren’t watching them play. But somehow it’s outrageous for people who have seen Kodjia play for us in 90 other league games to have an opinion on him that he confirmed.

Sure, they’re the embarrassing ones.

p.s. I consider ‘constant bashing’ one poster saying the same thing twice on ever page of a player thread and the match thread, not different people having the same opinion. 

Edited by Sam-AVFC
  • Like 2

Â