Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

If you could count on him to really work hard and always put in a shift he'd absolutely be starting for us. Obviously Smith doesn't trust him with that though which is why Green or Adomah get the spot. 

Shame really as however frustrating he can sometimes be, with the ball he's probably one of our most dangerous players. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Farlz said:

If you could count on him to really work hard and always put in a shift he'd absolutely be starting for us. Obviously Smith doesn't trust him with that though which is why Green or Adomah get the spot. 

Shame really as however frustrating he can sometimes be, with the ball he's probably one of our most dangerous players. 

I think he's a big game player, yes he seems to stroll about in certain games.. but a final at Wembley I think he would really turn it on.

I remember when we were playing, I think QPR, and it was his last game for us before leaving for the Africa Nations cup.. he put in a real farewell display, won us the match. They couldnt cope with him.

Play him up front and put Tammy on the right, Tammy said in an interview earlier in the season that he's favourite position is the wing. 

I think we would be really handicapping ourselves by playing Green or Adomah again in the final

2 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised he wasn't in the top 5 penalty takers.

As I've said elsewhere I'd start him in the final. Roll the dice rather than go safety first as we frequently do in finals.

He could have been 5th for all we know. Wouldn't be surprised.

7 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

He could have been 5th for all we know. Wouldn't be surprised.

Tammy took the 5th

Hourihane -> Jedinak -> Grealish -> Adomah -> Abraham

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Junxs said:

I think he's a big game player, yes he seems to stroll about in certain games.. but a final at Wembley I think he would really turn it on.

I remember when we were playing, I think QPR, and it was his last game for us before leaving for the Africa Nations cup.. he put in a real farewell display, won us the match. They couldnt cope with him.

Play him up front and put Tammy on the right, Tammy said in an interview earlier in the season that he's favourite position is the wing. 

I think we would be really handicapping ourselves by playing Green or Adomah again in the final

Stroll about his Kodjia's main trait, he's not the player he was, came on as a sub and you never know what his games going to be like. Kodj is just not reliable enough anymore, yet he could do so much to help the team out and himself. He is not doing himself any favours with his lazy behaviour.

For me he's been a sale or let go for most of the season, there have been times he's played good, a few games where his only goal of the game has won us that game, he needs to do something about his game. Surely a championship team will have him in a heartbeat if we go up because I wouldn't trust him in the premier. All a teams Players need to chase that ball in the prem, the moment one stops it causes problems.

Edited by Dave-R

9 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Surprised he wasn't in the top 5 penalty takers.

As I've said elsewhere I'd start him in the final. Roll the dice rather than go safety first as we frequently do in finals.

In the huddle before hand McGinn looked at him and Kodj shook his head, and JMG looked a bit surprised. So perhaps he just didn’t fancy it, better to say than to be unsure and balls it up.

Kodjia isn't a winger... but sod it, neither of the other two lads down the right look up to scratch right now. 

My biggest concern would be defensively, obviously, that's a lot of pressure on Elmo and McGinn and Whelan would have to do some hard miles to help cover, but I expect Kodjia to be bang up for it too. 

It's a gamble I'd love to see us take. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, LondonVillian said:

I saw during the team talk before the pens DS pointed at Kodija and he shaked his head - don't think he fancied it.

Yep he 100% bottled it. 

Hourihane did a double take when he was shaking his head  

2 hours ago, LondonVillian said:

I saw during the team talk before the pens DS pointed at Kodija and he shaked his head - don't think he fancied it.

Interesting, any vids of this knocking about?

Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there. But, he looks dejected on and off the pitch, like his head is not at Villa anymore. IDK, that being said, given the form of Green and Adomah, you'd reckon he's got to play RW. 

Edited by GENTLEMAN

11 hours ago, Junxs said:

Tammy took the 5th

Hourihane -> Jedinak -> Grealish -> Adomah -> Abraham

Shan was Belly aching about them having no strikers to take their pens they were all defenders.....Crikey we only had one, Adomah is a winger and he missed anyway.

If Kodjia didn't fancy it....its better to be honest, than brave and mess it up.

but I think all this will be appraised when Dean comes to do his first major summer rebuild.....He has only really found out about his players this season.

• Like 1

Â