Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

He has talent no doubt.....but there are players in this league, the likes of Billy Sharp etc....who are recording much better performance stats and getting better results.

I think we all know why.

You only have to look at Tammy and see the energy and commitment levels and the ability to compete, that sets him aside.

Kodj just don't give us enough.

19 hours ago, villalad21 said:

Looked poor when he came on which is dissappointing.

Tammy still got no competition up front.

One area that is now vital we solve in the summer, I still hope for Maupay and Grabban come summer with lolley on the wing. 

Looks lacklustre to me. Too moody. We need players that can perform to a consistently high standard with plenty of effort when the going is tough. Kodj simply looks like his mind is elsewhere. He’s definitely lost that edge. Pity, as when he first arrived he was a very good player for us.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

I wonder what you lot are going to think of him when he scores our winner in the play off final.....

bring it on and I'll let you know.

it's hard to comment on a figment of imagination in a persons mind.....at the moment he isn't doing the business.

8 minutes ago, Lord Willard said:

Ran the channels well. Looked like a player that hasn't had much game time to me

what comes first the chicken or the egg?.....you have to make a mark when you do come on to be given game time.

Jack comes back after 3 months out and showed energy and intensity, as do others like John McGinn.

too many excuses for him IMO....he fits in to a small band of players who are just half soaked.....when we have an approach with the majority showing a work rate and desire like Jack and John, will be a force.

Edited by TRO

I thought he looked good when he came on. Lots of chasing and defending from the front, which is strange for him. Created the chance for McGinn when he hit the post. He’s no Tammy but there are about 15 teams in this league with worse strikers up front.

2 hours ago, Dave-R said:

One area that is now vital we solve in the summer, I still hope for Maupay and Grabban come summer with lolley on the wing. 

That would cost over 40 million. We will not be doing that 

5 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Did more in 18 minutes than their striker did in 62 mins. lol, 

You could argue he did more than Abraham on the night as well

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Yep, you could argue it.

But you'd still be completely and utterly wrong.

Sorry mate can I just ask what you would've wanted Kodjia to do when he came on when we're 3-1 up? 

Create a chance? Well he did that. 

Score? Made something out of nothing and nearly scored. 

Ran the channels to pressure the fullbacks. Yep, he did that. 

What did he not do? Smile, be a cheerleader, didn't pump his chest up. 

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, Jay.P.A said:

Sorry mate can I just ask what you would've wanted Kodjia to do when he came on when we're 3-1 up? 

Create a chance? Well he did that. 

Score? Made something out of nothing and nearly scored. 

Ran the channels to pressure the fullbacks. Yep, he did that. 

What did he not do? Smile, be a cheerleader, didn't pump his chest up. 

He did not do more than Abraham, cant be arsed to pull up stats but I'm pretty confident that Abraham will have touched the ball more, ran more yards and had more efforts on goal. 

So I don't really know how you can argue that Kodjia did more in his time on the pitch. 

And yes, id have liked much more from him given that hes firmly out of the first XI and should have been looking to make an impression. 

You say he ran the channels and put pressure on full backs, when? I recall hkm running into channels once or twice with a centre back and despite having a yard or two headstart was still beaten to the ball, I remember him feigning to close people down but not really do it anything, I remember a lazy swipe at Lolley for no reason in the middle of the pitch. 

Guess we saw different things. 

• Like 1

Â