Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

15 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Gosh yeah, I'd completely forgotten that 'brutal on the ball' thing, probably still the most unfathomable take I've seen on here in half a decade of membership. 

Honestly mate - I was shocked at some of the comments in this thread. Unbelievable. 

On 23/08/2018 at 07:51, Demitri_C said:

I was worried when he scored the first as when he ran into the fans he could have got a another yellow and got sent off. bruce needs to tell him to relax on that esp when he is already on a yellow!

man its like a new signing he was brilliant. 

Has your opinion changed now? The King Is BACK. 

I know that it isn't just here or just our fans but ffs, I absolutely hate seeing players getting written off by their own fans on the back of something minor. Especially with players who have been very good beforehand or youngsters, who seemingly aren't allowed to make any mistakes (Hepburn-Murphy being the latest). 

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, lexicon said:

I know that it isn't just here or just our fans but ffs, I absolutely hate seeing players getting written off by their own fans on the back of something minor. Especially with players who have been very good beforehand or youngsters, who seemingly aren't allowed to make any mistakes (Hepburn-Murphy being the latest). 

They are the same people that wanted Jack sold 2-3 seasons ago, you just have to acecpt that a minority of fans have no patience in football and only deal in extremes.

10 minutes ago, carewjust4u said:

They are the same people that wanted Jack sold 2-3 seasons ago, you just have to acecpt that a minority of fans have no patience in football and only deal in extremes.

I think there's a desperation to be the one who 'called it' too, unfortunately. 

• Like 1

On 23/08/2018 at 00:31, mikeyp102 said:

I said that once he scored one for the season his confidence would go up. Glad To see him grabbing a brace tonight, 1 in a game, 2 in a game, 3 on Saturday?

Such an enigma, some times he can be the most infuriating player around. Looking disinterested and not trying. Then all of a sudden boom. Pulls out a bit of magic. 

As with their goal scorer, both should’ve seen red tonight though

I like your thinking. I am looking forward to the 48-0 wins towards the end of the season. 

Oh wait, just remembered the defence...

looking forward to the 48-16 wins.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lexicon said:

I think there's a desperation to be the one who 'called it' too, unfortunately. 

I've no doubt that there is an element of that, but to be fair mate, many on here (including myself) have never been huge fans of Kodjia. 

3 hours ago, carewjust4u said:

Don't want to go off topic mate, but nobody has ever doubted Jacks talent. The issue people 2/3yrs ago was that his attitude didn't seem right at all, i had serious concerns that he would end up going the way of so many talent kids that never realise their potential due to their off field lifestyle. 

The way he has turned that around is credit to himself, but i understand the concerns many had a few years back. 

1 minute ago, PieFacE said:

From the moment he had that shot from miles away at a stupid angle he looked completely uninterested. Looked like he was sulking. 

Need another striker.

We can't rely on this bloke to consistently perform. We have to get a striker in. 

All he wanted is to score goals himself to enhance his market value. He will never be a team player because of his selfish character , i personally feel it doesnt matter to him if Villa lose 3-4 , as long as he’s get to score the 3 goals. There were few occasion he could pass to a teammates in better position asking for the pass , but instead chose to shoot from difficult angles himself. These will cause disharmony in the squad , it will be everyman for himself . In this modern day of football , where assist is more important than scoring goals ,  selfish players like Kodjia will not take us far .. 

It wasn't great, but he had a lot to do and not a lot of help. More than one he was chasing the ball down in the channels, won it.. and had absolutely no help. 

There were situations in which I expected him to do better, but for the most part, I think he's a victim of Bruceball. 

Â