Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

9 hours ago, NurembergVillan said:

It's not even a year yet though!

The club can't be that worried about his ankle anyway.  They've given him a basketball to train with.

A medicine ball and I would be a bit more confident.:)

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

This isn't fair. He was playing in a team we hardly any creativity. A lot of the time he had to do it himself. 

We are a much better team because we now have better players and better coaching. Not because Kodija isn't in it. 

Hear,Hear.

He would be a massive boost to this squad......Good players adapt.

for sure, we are playing different, because the players are playing better......He would fit in to this. We are playing 4-5-1 or 4-1-4-1.....perfect for him.

competition is healthy.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Eastie said:

Not got the skills of jack though and would lose possession more often than not .

He scored nearly 20 goals and created most on his own. He’s a completely different player to jack but is very skilful. He was greedy in an under performing team hopefully he can develop even more in a better team. 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, dn1982 said:

He scored nearly 20 goals and created most on his own. He’s a completely different player to jack but is very skilful. He was greedy in an under performing team hopefully he can develop even more in a better team. 

Not disputing that , my point to the original poster was he couldn’t play a similar role to jack - I like kodjia and he did great last season but he did lose possession an awful lot through overdoing  it - if he could get that team play into his game he would be a great asset - more than happy to see him and hogan battling it out up front . 

I think its more a lack of confidence of the players that were around him last year than greed. Early last season he was passing ok but soon realised the ball slowly made its way back to our keeper to be booted up field back towards him with no one around to support him. So he realised it was better to just take everyone on and score himself while the ball is at his feet than trying to win a header a few seconds later.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Tommo_b said:

Think it would be silly to not have him back, the teams improved drastically since he has been out, so imagine he damage he could do in the current team as our main striker! He and the team could become really prolific! 

Not disputing people opinions.

However I just remember Scott Hogans goal last week, which was unselfish Adomah assist.

If it were Kodjia in Adomahs position, that would have either been over run, blasted at a near impossible angle at the keeper, or lost.

With Hogan looking on in disbelief.

If he can buy into the team game, and be less of a selfish clearing in the woods, open arms by all means.

The pinpoint passes and flows of play would be epic.

11 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Not disputing people opinions.

However I just remember Scott Hogans goal last week, which was unselfish Adomah assist.

If it were Kodjia in Adomahs position, that would have either been over run, blasted at a near impossible angle at the keeper, or lost.

With Hogan looking on in disbelief.

If he can buy into the team game, and be less of a selfish clearing in the woods, open arms by all means.

The pinpoint passes and flows of play would be epic.

Or hitting the back of the net. Most strikers would have smashed that in rather than pass. 

Best striker we've had since Benteke, I like Hogan but he's not in the same class at all.

Check out the pass to Adomah at 3:10 too, perhaps why he stopped passing haha

Edited by Junxs
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Junxs said:

Best striker we've had since Benteke, I like Hogan but he's not in the same class at all.

Check out the pass to Adomah at 3:10 too, perhaps why he stopped passing haha

Great feet, Guile and balance.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He is class. I think some extreme levels of selfishness like the one against Bolton has given him the tag. He is selfish but not as bad as people are making out in my opinion.

There is a very thin line between selfishness and supreme confidence .

• Like 1

He may really benefit from the new attacking coach and from better, more confident players around him - he may even come back like Agnew player.

Certainly a nice problem to have that it’s even up for discussion whether last season’s best player would come back into the starting lineup.

How can anyone watch that video and think we wouldn't be a better team with him.  

He does things in that video that Hogan couldn't dream of. The idea that he wouldn't be an even better player with service, or that Hogan does so much more for the team (with on average 15 touches a game) is mind boggling. 

Y'all need a lie down. 

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Thanks 3
  • Haha 1

Â