Jonathan Kodjia

dont_do_it_doug.

32 minutes ago, sonic_bouma said:

If you are looking at his performance as simple as that then of course your gonna think RDM is a genius. You might want to look a bit deeper at our first half performance to find the reason why Kodjia did "**** all".I'm not saying he can't fill in our wide but we will ruin him if he stays there. 

He scored 20 goals last year from a central position and fans wanna see him on the wing. Ridiculous imo. We need to build our team around him as central striker.

Yes, that's exactly the same thing as saying RDM is a genius. (What?)

Did he play centrally at Bristol City for the whole of last season? From memory they had Wilbraham, Agard, Tomlin and Kodjia as forward options (plus brought in Odemwingie?) - he definitely played through the middle?

2 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

If you are looking at his performance as simple as that then of course your gonna think RDM is a genius. You might want to look a bit deeper at our first half performance to find the reason why Kodjia did "**** all".I'm not saying he can't fill in our wide but we will ruin him if he stays there. 

He scored 20 goals last year from a central position and fans wanna see him on the wing. Ridiculous imo. We need to build our team around him as central striker.

Totally agree. Such a waste having him out wide. He's a striker and should be played up front in the middle as a striker. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, villarocker said:

He's the most skillful centre forward we've had in years. Should be playing up front with McCormack behind him. Ayew wide left and Adomah wide right. Tshibola and Jedinak as the middle two. Back four of Cissokho/Amavi, Chester, Elphick, Bacuna/Hutton. Gollini between the sticks. That'll be a good side at this level. 

Absolutely agree with this!

9 hours ago, sonic_bouma said:

Too bloody right, what a load of nonsense it is to play him on the wing (and for some to suggest he should play there). The reason Kodjia cost £15m was because of his goals, if we are going to play him wide, we may as well have spent £15m on a proper winger.

Up front yesterday he was isolated with no service. So here's a novel idea, lets get the guy some proper service, play with Adomah wide on the right, Ayew on the left and when fit, McCormack just off of him, that should see him get a lot more chances.

• Like 4

He is another one with good feet.....I have never been in favour of one up front on his own, I believe in 2's little partnerships.

However, there is always a time of exception.

favour him down the middle, but the balance of the team needs to be right to prosper from it.

we are like a 4 cylinder engine firing on 3.....balance is not quite right yet.

On 25/09/2016 at 08:58, bobzy said:

Did he play centrally at Bristol City for the whole of last season? From memory they had Wilbraham, Agard, Tomlin and Kodjia as forward options (plus brought in Odemwingie?) - he definitely played through the middle?

Anyone able to answer this?  I see people saying "he scored loads, therefore central striker" - did he play there all the time at Bristol City whilst scoring or was he a wide forward?

46 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Anyone able to answer this?  I see people saying "he scored loads, therefore central striker" - did he play there all the time at Bristol City whilst scoring or was he a wide forward?

We do have our in house Bristol supporter @JamesBCFC  who can probably answer this

Edited by sne

I really like this kid- loads of potential and I can see him blossoming into a holte end hero  - goodness knows we need one.

reminds me of a young Stanley Victor - and before anyone jumps down my throat - Stan could be/ was immense when he wanted to be- this kid looks like he's up for the fight, delighted to have him around for the ride!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

How long do we have to wait to be pleasantly surprised Jonathan?

As I said at the time.... prefer it if you n the rest got on with it instead of telling us about this corner were about to turn.

Again though, what is he meant to say IF HE'S ASKED A QUESTION BY AN INTERVIEWER? I don't understand how you can't get your head around that fact. He was asked the question. What's he supposed to say? We're shit? No comment?

2 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

Again though, what is he meant to say IF HE'S ASKED A QUESTION BY AN INTERVIEWER? I don't understand how you can't get your head around that fact. He was asked the question. What's he supposed to say? We're shit? No comment?

'It's not been good enough and it needs to improve'. Simple as that.

Not wishy washy bollocks about how it is about to click when it clearly isn't.

13 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

How long do we have to wait to be pleasantly surprised Jonathan?

As I said at the time.... prefer it if you n the rest got on with it instead of telling us about this corner were about to turn.

Pointless tirade.

Â