Abel Hernandez

Demitri_C

Amazing that you'd get this close to a deal and not have an idea about the personal terms being asked for. I should imagine after his good form in the Premier League he may have bumped up his demands somewhat. 

It's a shame as it'd have been a cracking signing.

2 minutes ago, Pilchard said:

Amazing that you'd get this close to a deal and not have an idea about the personal terms being asked for. I should imagine after his good form in the Premier League he may have bumped up his demands somewhat. 

It's a shame as it'd have been a cracking signing.

My opinion is that the lad changed his mind or as you say, moved the goalposts somewhat. 

• Like 1

Personal terms will have been discussed at some stage but I wouldn't be surprised if the player and his agent significantly upped their figure today, knowing full well that the chairman has promised a world class No. 9 and is under pressure to deliver.

I obviously don't know the ins and out of it but this could be one of those cases where Xia's transparency is counter-productive.

11 minutes ago, Ooh-Ah said:

Personal terms will have been discussed at some stage but I wouldn't be surprised if the player and his agent significantly upped their figure today, knowing full well that the chairman has promised a world class No. 9 and is under pressure to deliver.

I obviously don't know the ins and out of it but this could be one of those cases where Xia's transparency is counter-productive.

Or maybe it has nothing to do with the Doctor's Twitter and more to do with the fact that he's throwing money around? Spending money is counter productive ;) 

6 minutes ago, TRO said:

Many moons ago, we missed out on Mick Ferguson and subsequently signed Peter Withe......Que sera sera.

Ron Saunders was manager - and the board blocked Mick Ferguson - even then the managers didn't have total control

3 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And he didn't score in his first nine games. Imagine how he'd be slated on VT for that today. 

Is that so, interesting....but we had others who could and more importantly to me anyway.....we didn't ship goals in those days.

just goes to show you though.

Ps I think its the manner of our defeats that gets to folk.....we all know players vary in their settling in time.....Ken McNaught c 20 games as another example.

Edited by TRO

22 minutes ago, Genie said:

Villa look like a desperate club with a rich owner willing to spend big. I'm not surprised the player and his agent have asked for silly money.

That's exactly what we are, we have to get back to the PL as quickly as possible

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, hippo said:

Ron Saunders was manager - and the board blocked Mick Ferguson - even then the managers didn't have total control

I didn't know that about the board blocking it, cheers.

seems like Tony signing them might be better........just joking:)

I suppose a lot of luck is involved.

16 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

And he didn't score in his first nine games. Imagine how he'd be slated on VT for that today. 

Yep,  there'd even be some saying we should pay his contract off, can you imagine that!

5 minutes ago, Richard said:

Yep,  there'd even be some saying we should pay his contract off, can you imagine that!

But, like i say Rich, we wasn't as desperate in those days, we could cut players slack.

I don't want to labour the point, but games like Saturday are causing more damage to the club than we care to imagine.

Edited by TRO

21 minutes ago, TRO said:

Is that so, interesting....but we had others who could and more importantly to me anyway.....we didn't ship goals in those days.

just goes to show you though.

Ps I think its the manner of our defeats that gets to folk.....we all know players vary in their settling in time.....Ken McNaught c 20 games as another example.

Its a numbers game. As you say Ken McNaught to ages to settle - but then there were others around him that slotted in straight away.  If everyone of youre new signings isn't settling than you have issues.  One player not settling is to be expected - Players en mass not settling is a problem. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, deeps said:

I want this to happen. He has played well for 2 years now. I still got a feeling this will drag out to tomorrow and be a late signing.

Unfortunately I think this ones dead cant see us signing him and Kodz