Pre match thread

roonst83

35 minutes ago, dont_do_it_doug. said:

You think he'll drop Grealish? Unless he's injured, I'll be livid. 

Be interesting as you would think he would have to drop either grealish or ayew and I definitely can't see him dropping ayew.

i suspect both will be subs, but it's a welcome headache. Options at last

6 hours ago, handsworthvilla said:

Thanks mate. Just took a look online and seems like it will do the trick, a bit closer than the Barton Arms as well. And to be fair I've been in London for 6 years so I'm not used to seeing any change from a fiver for a pint! 

On the other hand however The Bartons Arms is probably the most impressive pub in the whole of the UK. 

Coincidentally I was on a tour of it last week. I always thought it was spectacular but I didn't realise it was built to end a war between M&B and Ansells who were trying to prove each was the top dog brewery in the city. Ansells controlled the area to the south and west and M&B north and east. 

M&B basically built it to humiliate Ansells. A statement to say not only that you cannot match us to build a pub of this scale and grandeur,  but we have built it right in the middle of your territory. 

It does have a full run of working snob screens so if your girlfriend doesn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of Northern savages you could sit up the top and and close them so as not to see the riff raff in the lower area which was their intended function in the first place! 

Plus if you like Thai Food you will be in heaven 

The Bartons Arms all the way for me! 

Agreed it's only 20 mins walk and I have got a taxi from there before,  only a couple of quid.  I like to support them as much as possible because without the additional Villa income,  in the area it is in it would almost certainly not survive and we would lose a gem of national importance. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

On the other hand however The Bartons Arms is probably the most impressive pub in the whole of the UK. 

Coincidentally I was on a tour of it last week. I always thought it was spectacular but I didn't realise it was built to end a war between M&B and Ansells who were trying to prove each was the top dog brewery in the city. Ansells controlled the area to the south and west and M&B north and east. 

M&B basically built it to humiliate Ansells. A statement to say not only that you cannot match us to build a pub of this scale and grandeur,  but we have built it right in the middle of your territory. 

It does have a full run of working snob screens so if your girlfriend doesn't want to be surrounded by a bunch of Northern savages you could sit up the top and and close them so as not to see the riff raff in the lower area which was their intended function in the first place! 

Plus if you like Thai Food you will be in heaven 

The Bartons Arms all the way for me! 

Agreed it's only 20 mins walk and I have got a taxi from there before,  only a couple of quid.  I like to support them as much as possible because without the additional Villa income,  in the area it is in it would almost certainly not survive and we would lose a gem of national importance. 

I used to dragged screaming and kicking to the Barton Arms for Sunday Jazz sessions (mid 70's)

I hated Jazz beforehand. After a few sessions I hated Jazz with avengance. It just wasn't Ozzy enough for some strange reason.

There used to be a really old man who collected the empty glasses who had a heavy bout of the St Vitus Dance, the glasses would rattle in his hands and the Jazzfans wanted him to shush but he couldnt.

poor guy

• Like 1

We beat them 2-0 at Villa Park back in 1999 when we last met and the same result would be very nice on Sunday.

Two former kings of Europe meeting after so long will bring back memories of tough well contested games in the late 70's and early 80's and of Clough v Saunders for both sets of fans.

We really need 6 points from our next 2 games and a minimum of 4. 11 points from 7 games would be something we could build upon so lets make it happen.   

Surely a win this time? Squad morale is high, international break featured a number of highlights,  most notably JonAthan Kodjia's goal. For rest have Eric Lichaj, our old American wing back. Forest have a class manager, so do we. They're also sort of a one man team in Assombalonga. Changing my earlier prediction. 2-0 Villa