Pre match thread

roonst83

Win. Please Villa just win.

Big local derby with Forest on a high on the back of a couple of wins and us on the back of a very poor loss. Hopefully have a couple more additions into the squad by then and also Tish back in the midfield. Really need to pick ourselves up and do what we can to win here. We've got two weeks to have a long hard look at ourselves in training and pull together, unite and get a much needed three points.

I figured i'd write the match report so everybody doesn't need to bother watching the game

we will be 1 - 0 going into 70 mins we will either concede one late on to draw the game or 2 to lose the game

Goalkeeper will make a stupid error and our midfield will be none existent with Ayew being greedy running into blind alleys refusing to pass the ball.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Pilchard said:

A nervy start, we'll come into the game and not score the goals we need and Gollini will make a mistake to let a goal in before we collapse.

0-3

Sounds close. Ayew has a chance to make it 1-1 but doesn't square it to McCormack loses it, Forest counter and make it 0-2 on the stroke of half time. 

Home with hopefully a fully fit and newly bolstered squad.  If we can pretend the second half is still the first half then we should be OK.

Can't we just continue playing at half time, no break and a chance to build our rythym playing into an open goal. No second half dip because it's all one half. Seems reasonable to me. And for that I'm going to predict a 2-1 win. (The forest goal comes from a defensive mix up resulting in an own goal at 'half-time). 

• Like 1

That's commitment at it's max.

I reckon we'll win this one. Everyone is saying that we won't be match ready, but nor will Forest. By this time we will have announced the striker and the AM. I reckon a 2-1,  Mccormack brace. McCormack will have hopefully bucked up his ideas. But as always, I think we'll give away a goal in the second half, but it won't lose us the game.

This same thing happened to West Bromwich Albion, they still got promoted in the end. The international break will help the team bond, which has been a major problem.

3 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's my first Villa match at Villa Park. I am excited. Please please win. I had to convince my girlfriend to take two days from our Holiday to drive down to Birmingham to see this!

Edited by Dirk
Additional Content