• Ayew
    • Amavi (Cissokho 17)
    • Kozak (De Laet 70)
    • Green (Westwood 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

6 hours ago, villaglint said:

Another minute later and that familiar feeling of implosion came again. From a half of being so solid together suddenly an acre of space opened up between Chester and Elphick 2-1 and we've shot ourselves in the foot.

Disappointing to see how quickly our new back 4 recruits have started to play like our old back 4. What on earth is going on?

Very pissed off and it put a downer on what was a nice day yesterday. I still think we will make playoffs and I'm certainly not worried. Once this team clicks it will be a very good team in the championship. I think some of ours fans turn too quickly . Anyway don't panic, we will be up there come the end.

Edited by Rugeley Villa

19 hours ago, One For The Road said:

I'm amazed some people are surprised at the result. It would have been totally out of character for us to have gone there and won.  More than a year without an away win. That is seriously shocking.  

its the 1-0 up at half-time that gave us false hope :P

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

35 minutes ago, Zatman said:

but should the hope be false?....Its the perfect start.

We have about 3 teams so far that have been impressed with aspects of our game, so all is not cack.

We need to find a way of employing more "FIGHT " in the team.....We are playing like we are in a cup final next week or still in the prem.

Its been said many, many times......." You have to win the right to play football"

How many boxers do you see( particularly in the lower echelons) come out swinging their arms "all bent for leather".....They end up on their arse in no time.

FIGHT, COMPOSURE ,CONTAINMENT, DURABILITY........These are the things we should be working on, maybe they are and its just not working yet.

26 minutes ago, TRO said:

but should the hope be false?....Its the perfect start.

oh it is...........for any other club

its just Villa are probably the best team for snatching defeat from the jaws of victory

• Like 1

Hi there.

First off I'll start by saying I'm not here to gloat at all, just wanted to give my honest appraisal of the game, and see the thoughts of any Villains who went.

In the first half, you were the better side in all areas, movement, passing, winning second balls and really could (should) have gone into the break 3 goals up. In fact if it wasn't for a sliding block by Aden Flint you would have gone ahead 2-0 up. You played some really quick pressing football, not giving any of our players time on the ball- I even remarked to the person seated next to me that there was no way you could keep that tempo up. We did grow into the game and for the last 5 minutes of the first half didn't look so bad, but you were still on top.

Second half was a totally different story and it seemed your players tired a fair bit, probably down to the intensity of the first half, though if fitness is still an issue that would be a concern. The equaliser was deserved, despite your first half dominance and once you conceded you seemed to collapse. A trait I think you had last season too?

For the third goal, Gollini (sp?) seemed totally fooled by us having a left footer and a right footer lined up for it and he should have done better if I am honest.

Finally the referee- I would say the referee was OK, he wasn't fantastic, and both sides were potentially lucky to end with 10 men. In the first half Joe Bryan came crashing through a Villa player and got booked, if he hadn't got a touch to the ball I could see him being shown a straight red rather than a yellow. On the other hand, De Laet probably should have been booked for a follow through on one of our centre backs- Magnusson, before later being booked for dissent.

Speaking of dissent, I don't think Di Matteo will be happy with having at least 4 players booked for dissent. They are silly bookings to pick up, and I have found myself frustrated with Lee Tomlin this season for twice talking himself into a needless booking- in one case he almost talked himself into a red card!

Honestly I think Bristol City deserved the win overall, though of course there will be an element of rose tinted glasses, however IF you can play how you did in the first half, but keep it up for a whole match, you will cause teams all sorts of problems.

Hope any who went had a safe journey, and best of luck for the season.

One final thought- your fans who went today were fantastic and didn't stop for the first 50 minutes or so, after that it quietened down a bit, but it was a cracking effort.

Your man of the match was Grealish by an absolute mile, fantastic ability, though he gave the impression of having a poor attitude.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, JamesBCFC said:

First off I'll start by saying I'm not here to gloat at all, just wanted to give my honest appraisal of the game, and see the thoughts of any Villains who went.

We are Villans. Not villains. Otherwise good stuff :)

Â