• Ayew
    • Amavi (Cissokho 17)
    • Kozak (De Laet 70)
    • Green (Westwood 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

10 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we converted all the chances we have created since the beginning of the season we would be top of the league. I'm not ready to meltdown just yet.

Problem is, in the standard of league we playing in we haven't created that many chances. Equally in some of those games we have given the opposition chances too.

Hello again!

Can I just say on your first half performance you are probably playing the better football out of you and Newcastle (didn't watch Norwich away properly) also as I said earlier our 6/7 wins of the season came in the second half of the season under our new manager.

The first half our defence was shocking and unable to contain your attack. The after March interview our manager said to the players at half time he'd rather lose 5-0 than not get on the ball and pass around, seems as if his team tak made the difference.

Hope everybody who came down to Bristol enjoyed the trip apart from the score! (I'll check back on here later for replies etc)

looking forward to to the trip back to your ground in January!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Today was not good enough and it's a poor start to the campaign.  It also feels like a kick in the stomach and lessons need to be learnt quick!  But it amazes me how our fan base turns on a sixpence.  We lose a game and the whole team, manager and club are extremely shite!  We win a game and the whole team, manager and club are extremely good. We all know this is not a shit team, it was a very poor performance.  The game reflects are first 4-5 games - partly very good, partly very bad.  As fans I think we need to take a collective breathe and stay patient - I still believe we will get better and start to win games.  I know we cannot afford to fall too far behind, but it is what it is. Lets keep the faith.  On the upside it might persuade Tony spend more dollar!!

After season after season of utter dross, and seeing that second half shambles today I can totally understand the fans reactions. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Dean said:

Hello again!

Can I just say on your first half performance you are probably playing the better football out of you and Newcastle (didn't watch Norwich away properly) also as I said earlier our 6/7 wins of the season came in the second half of the season under our new manager.

The first half our defence was shocking and unable to contain your attack. The after March interview our manager said to the players at half time he'd rather lose 5-0 than not get on the ball and pass around, seems as if his team tak made the difference.

Hope everybody who came down to Bristol enjoyed the trip apart from the score! (I'll check back on here later for replies etc)

looking forward to to the trip back to your ground in January!

Congratulations Dean, from what I heard you probably deserved it based on your(our) second half performance.  We'll get you at VP !!

Well to say we are Jekyll and Hyde is probably about right.....If it was 45 minutes a game we would be champions.

How we change so dramatically in a game is a mystery to me.

37 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

If we converted all the chances we have created since the beginning of the season we would be top of the league. I'm not ready to meltdown just yet.

:lol:

If we'd saved all of the goals we'd conceded, we'd be top too. If we'd won all of our games last season, we'd have been champions. 

• Like 1

Just now, TRO said:

Well to say we are Jekyll and Hyde is probably about right.....If it was 45 minutes a game we would be champions.

How we change so dramatically in a game is a mystery to me.

This is the thing that I find amazing.  I wonder what RDM is saying to them.  I heard him before the game on WM.  He was saying something like 'there will be times in games when we have to defend when other teams get on top', which made me wonder if that mindset is being encouraged i.e. when another team starts to attack we switch to a more defensive mode, or we expect there will be periods when we have to switch to a more defensive mode.  It's a cliche, but the best form of defense is attack for me in this league; I would like to see us look to dominate the entire game and keep our shape and attacking mindset.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Congratulations Dean, from what I heard you probably deserved it based on your(our) second half performance.  We'll get you at VP !!

Cheers!

Second half seems we went out and just played. Although the referee was odd today. 2 goal kicks which should have been corners (1 each) also the joe Bryan card I thought was off as he got the ball.. I think he realised he had cards second half as half your team got one.

If you're one of the group of words removed near the tunnel giving every villa player shit as they went down you can **** off, you're a disgrace to the Villa and to yourselves. Jack was clearly the best player there yet he still takes shit from some pricks and mouths back. 

Game wise... Complete copitulation second half which I was hoping would be sorted with the signings but we have a whole new squad so mistakes are going to happen. I'm still confident.

• Like 1

Can't say what's wrong as I didn't see or hear the game today. But if you introduce a lot of players together into a new team they will take a while to gel. I think it's one of our main issues ever since MON went, we don't stick with anything long enough. We're far too reactionary with players and managers. Most of the players we bought at the beginning of last season are decent players, but we expected everyone to suddenly play together. We seem to ruin every player or manager who comes here but it's not because they were rubbish before they came or after, it's just we don't have enough patience.

The difference this season though is Dr X is far too tenacious to leave any stone unturned so will not get complacent like Lerner did. We'll start winning pretty soon and won't look back.

• Like 4

Â