• Ayew
    • Amavi (Cissokho 17)
    • Kozak (De Laet 70)
    • Green (Westwood 79)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

depressing result

still august though, jedinak and delaet still need to settle in, more signings on the way too.

we need to let tony and rdm do their job, hopefully the pieces start to fall in place soon.

stay positive

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm sorry but that's just a cliche - it's just something that pundits have repeated over and over again and has thus been accepted as fact without much evidence.

The problem is squarely with us, particularly with the rotten culture that's been running through the club for the last few years.

No i do agree we have a problem ourselves but in this league anyone can beat anyone, we must improve as were not going just turn up and roll teams over like some think. This league is a 46 game battle and im guessing there will be a few more days  like today during this season.

2 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'm amazed some people are surprised at the result. It would have been totally out of character for us to have gone there and won.  More than a year without an away win. That is seriously shocking.  

Well most here after Roterham win were saying how easy this league is gonna be lol

8 minutes ago, Stratvillan said:

Disappointing, but you can't build a new team and expect it to click straight away. Will reserve judgement on players until I've seen the goals. We need forwards who score, another game where apparently owned the first half.

This is what I am clinging to.

Just now, leighavfc said:

No i do agree we have a problem ourselves but in this league anyone can beat anyone, we must improve as were not going just turn up and roll teams over like some think. This league is a 46 game battle and im guessing there will be a few more days  like today during this season.

There are very few leagues where that isn't the case. It's just a meaningless buzzphrase.

I agree that we need to improve obviously but if we do actually start winning with regularity and start showing more mental strength (huge ask) then I think we'll be fine. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like that's going to happen at the moment.

• Like 1

At least there is no room for the usual bullshit this evening. No bollocks from RDM about what a great performance it was and hopefully no embarrassing Twitter nonsense from Dr Tony. 

Need a bit of honesty about how poor our current situation is.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

I'm amazed some people are surprised at the result. It would have been totally out of character for us to have gone there and won.  More than a year without an away win. That is seriously shocking.  

The characters and calibre brought in tell me we should have :(

I don't know anymore. I just don't know.

So angry. Listened to second half on the radio and we did nothing positive.

Sounded like defence had a nightmare. Amavis name was mentioned alot in a bad way. Keeper at fault again for a goal.cant recall a single shot second half.

Edited by villa_shere
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, Mantis said:

We need to start winning, taking chances and seeings games out. The problem at this stage is almost entirely mental I think.

It's easier said than done though.

I absolutely agree Mantis. If only we could win two-three games in a row, we might end it. That's what I'm hoping for. No new striker or AM is going to save us. They'll help, but we need to start winning to change our expectations.

• Like 2

Two players making their debut and they haven't yet been here a week, other new faces have only been here a few weeks and a young goalie is bound to make mistakes. I like Gollini but I'd prefer a more mature goalie as number one right now, preferably someone with experience in England.

Either way, I'm pissed off but not worried just yet. There was always going to be a settling in period and the teams at this level will more often than not play at a high level in order to claim a giant killing. Pretty much how I expected (but not wanted, obviously) how our first couple of months in this league would go.

• Like 2

I put this 100% on the manager and his team of assistants. Two months in now and things need to show some serious improvement rather quickly. Very disappointed with how things have been going on pitch thus far.

• Like 2

Actually just read the pre match thread again and I'm seething at the abuse I was given for suggesting it wouldn't be a shock if we lost. 

We are in serious trouble and whilst I think we should give RDM time, it could turn quickly if we don't get anything from the 2 home games we have coming up. Let's hope we use the break to work on some tactics, bring in a few quality players and find a club stupid enough to take Jordan ******* Ayew of our hands.

• Like 1

Just need a couple of decent forwards, a good defensive midfielder, an attacking midfielder with vision and a couple of defenders ..... plus a decent goalie ...... and a new manager ..... and boy will we totally smash this rubbish league :) !!!

Edited by Paul33
  • Like 3

Â