Mourinho for Villa

Amo69

Who would you prefer as Villa manager?  

130 members have voted

1. 1. Who would you prefer as Villa manager?

• Jose 'The Special One' Mourinho
    • Martin O'Neill

I'm a big Mourinho fan, I know the general opinion of him is mixed, but I've liked him ever since that first press conference of his. He's a character, an entertainer and he gets people talking. On top of that he is a world class manager.... but even taking that into account, I actually can't think of one person I'd swap MON for right now.

I'm a big Mourinho fan, I know the general opinion of him is mixed, but I've liked him ever since that first press conference of his. He's a character, an entertainer and he gets people talking. On top of that he is a world class manager.... but even taking that into account, I actually can't think of one person I'd swap MON for right now.

My thoughts exactly, trust Martin O'Neill 100% and been excited since the day he took over. I do however think Morinho is a class manager and in any other circumstances would love him at Villa. On the same theme personally i wouldn't swap Randy for Abramovic either, we seem to have a chairman who is doing everything right and building solid foundations for years to come

I'm not saying he isn't good, all I'm saying is if you gave MON the Chelsea team that Jose inherited I think he, along with a few other managers, would have won the premiership with them. In fact, I think if Ranieri had stayed on he would have won the league too!

Mourinho is an awesome manager. He makes big big calls. But I think MON is the man to take us forward. Similarly to Mourinho he will not be forced into making decisions he doesnt want to and has a plan and sticks to it. I just prefer MON.

Jose's Porto team did some great things way beyond them, but lets face it they had some seriously talented players. While he was doing that, MON was taking a small amateur local team and solidifying their place in the football league (I know these achivements were at different times, but in the context of the managers career's, very similar both being near the beginning), and taking Leicster into the prem. Different acheivements. Could MON have taken Porto to champions league? Id imagine not. Could Mourinho take a non-league team in ENgland into the football league? Id imagine not.

Meh, what Jose did at Chelsea a monkey could have done. Takes zero skill to buy all the best players in the world and throw them on a pitch.

I think Ranieri, Cappello and the numerous Real managers over the years would have something to say about that.

Meh, what Jose did at Chelsea a monkey could have done. Takes zero skill to buy all the best players in the world and throw them on a pitch.

No it takes skill to take a team and give them back to back PL titles with the best defence and win all the other domestic trophies. If it were that easy and took zero skill there would be a lot more successful managers.

I disagree. I dont think it proves your great at management when you spend 10 x the amount the other teams spend.

Exactly. The vast majority of professional football managers could have replicated what he did at Chelsea. I'm not saying it's easy or it's not something to be proud of, but given the tools he had at his disposal it's harder to lose than it is to win.

No idea what this poll is trying to achieve.

Little question Jose is the better manager but I'm still very happy with MON at the helm so is unquestionably the right man for the job.

It's a bit like a poll asking- who would you rather have in the villa team, Leo Messi or Gareth Barry.

Not being the biggest MON fan in the world, and really liking Mourinho, I voted for...........

MON!

Reason is simple. In 12 months our club has been transformed. Our highs are ever higher, and our lows are mere blips. Okay there are some on here who now think that we should win every game with Carew scoring a hat-trick in each one, but the fact is that Aston Villa are on the up, both on and off the pitch, and MON is very much part of that.

AVFC, a turmoil free zone!

I disagree. I dont think it proves your great at management when you spend 10 x the amount the other teams spend.

Ranieri spent a vast amount of cash and won f*ck all, Mourinho comes in and with a couple of additions, wins the PL at a canter.

Â