PES 2017

dubbs

Once you build a team of invariably 80+ rated players the game becomes very easy. Basically won all cups 4 seasons in a row now. The game is most challenging when you start in the second division with the originals, that was the hardest 'PES' I've experienced.

In terms of the transfer market, yes it is stupid, I've been trying to sign De Lo Celso for like 5 seasons and keep getting quoted a minimum of £70m and sometimes over £100m.

I'm playing as Barca and can field a whole XI of 80+ players and it's crazy hard. The AI don't give you any time on the ball, and at the same time it's hard as hell to get it off them. Have to rely on a couple of moments of magic from Messi or Neymar to even score. I've only ever dominated a team once, and even that game ended 0-0 :lol: . Good thing about that is that I've been playing around with tactics more than I ever did to try to find a winning formula.

Last year I was able to sign Zidane, Scholes, Ronaldo and possibly Maradonna in my first window as Barca, now my scout is recommending Hutton I swear I'm not making this up :crylaugh:

So do they just do that on stats? Weird.

Good to see they've done a bit more in saving your records this year. As in you can actually look back at stuff you've won rather than it disappearing without a trace.

But I'd forgotten how hard it is when you start with random players. I blew my budget on Texeira and A russian centreback (Dostoyevsky no less).

So it means up front I have nothing.

I'll have to try playing as Villa with the default team one of these days. Sounds like a right nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, El Classico against Madrid is obscenely difficult. Even last year I got trounced for 10 on one occasion. I had to build a super team full of legends before I could even compete.

Edited by Keyblade

2 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I'll have to try playing as Villa with the default team one of these days. Sounds like a right nightmare.

Speaking of nightmares, El Classico against Madrid is obscenely difficult. Even last year I got trounced for 10 on one occasion. I had to build a super team full of legends before I could even compete.

It's hard but it's fun. There's something weirdly entertaining about grinding out draws and 1-0 wins and trying to stay midtable with a bunch of no hopers.
It would end up getting boring if you had to do it constantly, but in PES 2016 it was perfectly weighted. 

very difficult at first. Then as your team started to gel it would get better. Then you'd start adding to your squad and it would get easier and easier.

Last year I did one season midtable, next season promoted, following season trying to stay up and then after that pushing further up the table.

On 1/16/2017 at 17:01, Keyblade said:

I'm playing as Barca and can field a whole XI of 80+ players and it's crazy hard. The AI don't give you any time on the ball, and at the same time it's hard as hell to get it off them. Have to rely on a couple of moments of magic from Messi or Neymar to even score. I've only ever dominated a team once, and even that game ended 0-0 :lol: . Good thing about that is that I've been playing around with tactics more than I ever did to try to find a winning formula.

Last year I was able to sign Zidane, Scholes, Ronaldo and possibly Maradonna in my first window as Barca, now my scout is recommending Hutton I swear I'm not making this up :crylaugh:

What formation do you play? I started with a 4-3-3 with two AM's, was getting destroyed, switched it to have the same formation with two DM's instead and worked wonders. I always sign fast outside forwards and a fast/strong centre forward, the game is a lot easier with pace going forward (although you wouldn't lack that with Barca).

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

What formation do you play? I started with a 4-3-3 with two AM's, was getting destroyed, switched it to have the same formation with two DM's instead and worked wonders. I always sign fast outside forwards and a fast/strong centre forward, the game is a lot easier with pace going forward (although you wouldn't lack that with Barca).

Yeah I played a similar formation, with Busquets holding and 2 other midfielders ahead of him. Now I switched to 2 holding midfielders with an AM in front and I'm doing better. I had to tweak the tactics a lot though. I had to increase movement because the midfield was too static. In this game, if you dwell on the ball for even a second, it's a wrap. 

Now I'm scoring more by not playing through the middle anymore. Tiki taka does FA in this game. I get it out wide and cross it into Inzaghi who's a monster in the box. My best game, I scored 4 goals for the first time and literally all 4 of them were headers from crosses :lol: . It's much more satisfying on this game, in 2016 I used to score for fun. Now every goal has me celebrating wildly. Transfer window is still a nightmare though. Luckily I managed to snag Dybala on a Arda Turan + 12M deal (ridiculous price, which goes for all transfer dealings in this game. In a way it's better than buying Gotze for 14M while playing in the Championship as Villa as I managed to do last year), and he's helped my play a lot. Freed up Messi to play through the middle instead of out wide, and now my play is more fluid. Frustrating game, but oddly satisfying nonetheless.

• Like 1

Armando Izzo is a superb CB in this game, fairly cheap too. My best buy so far. Renato Sanches is also a beast and is only 20. It's fun finding gems instead of just buying the best of the best. I'm out here wheeling and dealing like 'Arry.

I'm getting the hang of it much earlier this year.

Only about a dozen games into the first season but already racking up a few wins. 9th in the table.

Nothing spectacular but a lot better than I was doing on the game last year.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why do online games on this and FIFA always have input lag?

Completely ruins it.

Played a couple of games last night for the first time online.

It's basically unplayable for me. It's a totally different game when players do things half a second after you tell them to do it.

Very disappointing

14 hours ago, Keyblade said:

Managed to sign Renato Sanches and Coman both in the same window for Villa for a combined 16M :lol: . Seems like the transfers are as broken as ever.

Took me about eight attempts to sign Renato for Villa the other night and it ended up costing me 24 million. Boy do I feel ripped off now.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, heffoman said:

Took me about eight attempts to sign Renato for Villa the other night and it ended up costing me 24 million. Boy do I feel ripped off now.

Was it in the Championship? I signed Renato on my Barca save for something like 24M too iirc. For some reason he was on the transfer list this time. Could be because I installed a new patch but I doubt they mess with ML dynamics like that. I think the Championship transfers are just messed up :lol:

Â