PES 2017

dubbs

Started a new ML with Villa yesterday and made no transfers.  First two games got off to a flier and won both comfortably on superstar level.  Next game we played Blues and they were just massively up for it and were chasing every ball and not letting me play. I was shocked how different each game felt. I had to lump the ball up to Gestede in the end to make anything happen. They marked McCormack out of the game.

The game does get a lot easier, I got promoted in my first season and now have a side full of players with OVR's in the 70's and two at 80. Only 'originals' I have left are Arcas, Castledine and that Italian right back you start with. I'm second and one point off the top half way through. I'm trying to sign Sane from City as he's available for £12m - just need to ship off Carlos Mane (a player I'd recommend signing on a free at the start) to pay for him.

25 minutes ago, heffoman said:

Won the FA cup and championship with Villa in my first season but somehow the board were disappointed in me at the end of the year. 

It's pretty dumb, I got promoted in my first season, but lost in the second round of the cup to Real Madrid (not easy to win when you have a team full of ML originals) and guess what, the board were 'disappointed'.

MyClub was going great for the first week or so,  I could keep clean sheets regularly and score different types of goals but it's changed ever since one of the recent updates and I'm doing well if I only concede 2 goals.  Always the same shit with Pes, they make it so even the bad players can compete with good players, long gone are the days of an even playing field. Scripting is a big pile of shit :( 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 28/09/2016 at 12:50, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game does get a lot easier, I got promoted in my first season and now have a side full of players with OVR's in the 70's and two at 80. Only 'originals' I have left are Arcas, Castledine and that Italian right back you start with. I'm second and one point off the top half way through. I'm trying to sign Sane from City as he's available for £12m - just need to ship off Carlos Mane (a player I'd recommend signing on a free at the start) to pay for him.

Castledine. What a guy!

Started a Master League last night. Texeira, one of the good buys on PES 16, was a free agent so I immediately released 5 squad members to free up the wages to bring him in :D

I opted to include classic players and they're all being snapped up by big teams.

• 2 weeks later...

The salary budget is beyond retarded, after around 7 seasons I've won every single cup for about 3 years in the row but only get £15m salary budget vs an accumulated transfer budget of like £120m. The worst thing is all my best players who have since developed into world beaters are asking for up to £10m PA in salary, so I have no choice but to sell them!

As is always the case with this game, the gameplay is excellent but the 'game' absolutely sucks, the most infuriating thing is that the none gameplay elements should be the easiest thing to get right. 

I said it last year, but the non-gameplay elements of PES, so the Master league and other leagues and competitions, plus the menus and music etc all come across like they've been made by people who have never watched a game of football in their lives.

50 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I said it last year, but the non-gameplay elements of PES, so the Master league and other leagues and competitions, plus the menus and music etc all come across like they've been made by people who have never watched a game of football in their lives.

Unfortunately the game play elements of FIFA come across like this as well.

• 2 weeks later...

Haven't had a chance to play much of this. But what I've noticed so far on Master League:

They haven't fixed the derby games being insanely difficult. Got smashed 5-1 by Blues.

They HAVE fixed the keepers. They actually make the odd save this time.

They HAVE fixed the fatigue. Last year your players got knackered really quickly whilst the opposition were always fresh as a daisy. It seems much more even this year.

Other than that it seems largely the same with slightly more polished graphics.

Started a ML with Barcelona, and holy ***** is this game hard on the hardest difficulty. I scrape by every game 1-0 and get held by all kinds of minnows. The worst part of this year's ML is the transfer system. I can't even buy a player without blowing my entire budget. I managed to sneak in Inzaghi (and did a pretty much straight swap for Modric with Rakitic) but he ate up almost all of my 40M budget. I originally wanted to buy Ronaldo but kept getting rejected until I eventually got quoted for 98M :blink:. My squad is horrible and I barely rotate because of it and it's gonna be a long hard slog. In a way I like it like that, but damn it's frustrating as hell :lol: 

It seems about the same difficulty as last year's to me.

I'm really struggling in my first season with Villa (using the random players to start). But that happened on last year's two until it clicked

Â