PES 2017

dubbs

The game is broken. I've won every cup for like 5 seasons in a row now but have a transfer budget that is about 20 times my salary budget. I'm having to let my best players go virtually every season due to salary demands. Sane wants £12m a season, which is virtually my entire salary budget full stop. What a crock of **** shit. I hope Konami go out of business.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

56 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

The game is broken. I've won every cup for like 5 seasons in a row now but have a transfer budget that is about 20 times my salary budget. I'm having to let my best players go virtually every season due to salary demands. Sane wants £12m a season, which is virtually my entire salary budget full stop. What a crock of **** shit. I hope Konami go out of business.

It's ridiculous isn't it? Doesn't matter how big a club you are, you have to sell to buy. Revamp your whole team every season.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Keyblade said:

It's ridiculous isn't it? Doesn't matter how big a club you are, you have to sell to buy. Revamp your whole team every season.

It just makes the game a load of shit, I hate the concept of regens being old retired players, makes it feel too unrealistic, yet you are pushed to recruit from the youth team because of this.

• Like 1

On 29/01/2017 at 18:55, Dr_Pangloss said:

If you don't watch it already I would recommend that you take a look at Jim sterling's YouTube channel. He does a section called f*** Konami news. For all the news that makes you want to say "f#$* Konami". 

He really sticks the boot in, but I will warn that he is not in any way safe for work.

• Like 2

My season in the Championship was actually quite enjoyable. It started off similar to how ours did irl, mostly frustrating draws but I slowly started climbing the table.  By the end of it,  I barely scraped the playoffs on the last day on goal difference. I had to completely reshape my team though.  The midfield was completely replaced.  Lansbury, Westwood, Gardner, Jendinak out, Renato Sanches, Casemiro, Javi Martinez, Albert Ferrer in. Even with such a good midfield I was still finding it tough to break teams down. 0-0 had to be my most common scoreline. Kodjia missing sitter after sitter didn't help either so I sold him and Gestede and bought Martial and Kalinic. Martial ended up getting 20 goals in the second half of the season.  Best defense in the league by far, Baker and Chester were just too good.  Signed Alex on a free too to help out. Elphick only made 1 appearance all season :crylaugh: . Gonna be interesting to see how I fare in the PL. 

Edited by Keyblade

It's funny how the AI manage to ping clearances from the penalty box to the lone striker inch perfect every. single. time. :lol: 

Finished 3rd in the PL after getting promoted. Getting knocked out of the 2nd round of the cup meant I had a fresh squad every single week and barely had to rotate. Was in the top 6 for the majority of the season, and the race for 4th was actually pretty enjoyable with like 5 teams fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Martial top scorer with 30, he's developing into a beast. I sort of regret buying Inzaghi now as I have a huge selection dilemma. Mohamed Salah with a ridiculous 20 assists and Jordan Amavi with a surprise team of the season inclusion (Salah didn't even make it). Ayew was great as a support striker for Martial and I alternated him with Grealish in the hole. 

In the World Cup with France and Martial has got me into the knockout stages so far, he's just too good. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Keyblade said:

It's funny how the AI manage to ping clearances from the penalty box to the lone striker inch perfect every. single. time. :lol: 

Finished 3rd in the PL after getting promoted. Getting knocked out of the 2nd round of the cup meant I had a fresh squad every single week and barely had to rotate. Was in the top 6 for the majority of the season, and the race for 4th was actually pretty enjoyable with like 5 teams fighting for 3rd and 4th.

Martial top scorer with 30, he's developing into a beast. I sort of regret buying Inzaghi now as I have a huge selection dilemma. Mohamed Salah with a ridiculous 20 assists and Jordan Amavi with a surprise team of the season inclusion (Salah didn't even make it). Ayew was great as a support striker for Martial and I alternated him with Grealish in the hole. 

In the World Cup with France and Martial has got me into the knockout stages so far, he's just too good. 

Pretty much every time the COM clears the ball in its own box it ends up at the feet of one of its players with outrageous precision. Such a dumb game in many ways, great to play, but incredibly dumb and frustrating.  

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Pretty much every time the COM clears the ball in its own box it ends up at the feet of one of its players with outrageous precision. Such a dumb game in many ways, great to play, but incredibly dumb and frustrating.  

I hate what they did to the transfer budget. I mean last year's system was broken, but now they've just gone to the opposite extreme. They gave me like 3M after finishing 3rd directly after a promotion. But a 15M wage budget. Who the hell am I gonna buy for 3M that will also be paid 15M in wages, that doesn't even make sense. And it's hard to tell if the wage budget is extra, on top of what you're already paying your players or not. At least last season we had a day in the beginning of the season where you had to pay your team, so you knew where you stood.

• Like 1

What I dislike about online nowadays is why you have to choose your team BEFORE you are matched this creates more Real vs Barca or Barca vs Barca.....before you would both select your team at the same time. If my opponent chose a mediocre team, I'd do the same. There was quite a good etiquette amongst the community to follow this unwritten rule.   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

I hate what they did to the transfer budget. I mean last year's system was broken, but now they've just gone to the opposite extreme. They gave me like 3M after finishing 3rd directly after a promotion. But a 15M wage budget. Who the hell am I gonna buy for 3M that will also be paid 15M in wages, that doesn't even make sense. And it's hard to tell if the wage budget is extra, on top of what you're already paying your players or not. At least last season we had a day in the beginning of the season where you had to pay your team, so you knew where you stood.

lol 8 seasons in, 6 league titles, 5 Champions Leagues and I'm having to sell my best players as I have like a £150m transfer budget and a £12m salary budget! Ridiculous, you should be able to just trade the two 'budgets' off. 

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

lol 8 seasons in, 6 league titles, 5 Champions Leagues and I'm having to sell my best players as I have like a £150m transfer budget and a £12m salary budget! Ridiculous, you should be able to just trade the two 'budgets' off. 

How the hell did you get a 150m transfer budget? They gave me like 5M this season. The only way I can sign players is to sell or trade my current players, and that becomes impossible when I try to go for the better ones. Being quoted for 55M for Verratti and 30M for Dybala (could have sworn I got him for cheap in my Barca save). It's frustrating.

1 hour ago, Keyblade said:

How the hell did you get a 150m transfer budget? They gave me like 5M this season. The only way I can sign players is to sell or trade my current players, and that becomes impossible when I try to go for the better ones. Being quoted for 55M for Verratti and 30M for Dybala (could have sworn I got him for cheap in my Barca save). It's frustrating.

Oh, probably a fair amount of that is based on selling players. Most seasons I have to sell my better players due to outrageous salary demands (>£10m a season!), so I tend to net £30-35m for those players. Also in the early days I'd sign youth team players and immediately sell them, I'd make up to £20m a season for that. Sort of cheating but given how retarded the game is I felt justified in doing it LOL.

In terms of signing players, yes it gets pretty ridiculous. Early on, i.e. first two seasons I found it quite easy to sign quality, I picked up Sane for £12m, Koman for £7m etc, but as time goes on the fees have rocketed up. Now it will typically cost me £15m to sign a young player (i.e. less than 21 years old) player of 78 - 80 OR. I spent a lot of time trying to sign De Lo Celso and was getting quoted anywhere between £70m - £110m.

Best policy I've found as time goes by is to sign random regens who look like they could become quality. I signed two players two seasons ago when they were 17 called Magno Alves and Ishikawa, both had really good stats and now have a OR of 89 and 85 respectively, both cost less than £9m. Also, sign Lobato at all costs, he can be signed on free from the youth team and he's now my main striker with an OR of 97.

Edited by Dr_Pangloss
  • Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dr_Pangloss said:

Oh, probably a fair amount of that is based on selling players. Most seasons I have to sell my better players due to outrageous salary demands (>£10m a season!), so I tend to net £30-35m for those players. Also in the early days I'd sign youth team players and immediately sell them, I'd make up to £20m a season for that. Sort of cheating but given how retarded the game is I felt justified in doing it LOL.

In terms of signing players, yes it gets pretty ridiculous. Early on, i.e. first two seasons I found it quite easy to sign quality, I picked up Sane for £12m, Koman for £7m etc, but as time goes on the fees have rocketed up. Now it will typically cost me £15m to sign a young player (i.e. less than 21 years old) player of 78 - 80 OR. I spent a lot of time trying to sign De Lo Celso and was getting quoted anywhere between £70m - £110m.

Best policy I've found as time goes by is to sign random regens who look like they could become quality. I signed two players two seasons ago when they were 17 called Magno Alves and Ishikawa, both had really good stats and now have a OR of 89 and 85 respectively, both cost less than £9m. Also, sign Lobato at all costs, he can be signed on free from the youth team and he's now my main striker with an OR of 97.

I had Lobato regen into my youth team but I sold him to finance another transfer :lol:

You're right in the beginning I managed to snag quality players for cheap. I signed Coman and Renato for like 16M combined in the Championship. I also signed Casemiro and Martial for decent money too. Now I'm getting quoted for outrageous fees. 60M for Verratti, 55M for Dybala, 155M (!!!) for Ronaldinho. I can't even sell to buy for these fees. Literally half to sell half my team to finance even 1 :lol: 

My highest rated player I can get a max 27M for. I got a bid for Salah for that much because of his 20 assists last season (he has 7 in his first 3 already. Beast). One for Inzaghi for 24M and one for Martial for 23 (even though his market price is 14M, he's coming off the back of a 30 goal season and Golden Ball award at the World Cup). The only one I can possibly sell is Inzaghi because he doesn't fit in the team. Even then I'll have like only 30M. I'm trying to mount a title charge but don't have the resources. I'll have to just keep this team and hopefully sneak a title in somewhere. I mean, 3rd place was a superb season after just 1 season back up.

I've been having luck with youth team though. I've had Loboto, Xabi Alonso, Lampard, Drogba and a lot of other decent players I haven't signed regen. I think I'll have to do what you're doing, seems the only way to get some money :lol: .

Edited by Keyblade

On 2/16/2017 at 16:54, Keyblade said:

Man, you really gotta be on top of ur players' contracts and actively renew otherwise they'll get snapped up by other teams for free. I found out the hard way, losing Cresswell for nothing, now I only have 1 LB.

Always negotiate the contract length, will save you a lot of money, most the time you can get it extended for a couple of seasons.

• Like 1

Â