Ritchie De Laet

meme

Yes, it's funnier now because even without the pun the post still makes a really good point. So it can be viewed in several ways. Anyway good luck to him seems like a family man and a good character.

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

Leicester fan here. Decent signing for the championship, it's a level where his issues won't be as obvious as they were in the premier league.

His positioning isn't the best, he has a tendency to rush in to a challenge and get bypassed... but he's rapid and gets himself out of loads of problems with his pace. And he loves bombing forward, might not create a huge amount, as the final ball isn't really there. But his link up play is ok and he'll gain you loads of ground and get you into dangerous position.

He served us just fine in a team that mullered the league. So I don't see any issues with the signing at all, he'd be one you'd look to shit to backup upon promotion though.

If you think De Laet doesn't create a huge amount with no final ball, you really should spend some time watching Alan Hutton :) 

• Like 4

17 minutes ago, Ikantcpell said:

I used to play football with a guy named Rikard De lat, he was the biggest moaner of the team, and his dad was even worse, shouting abuse from the touchline, it was times were i feard for the referee's life.

I knew someone called Bob once, true story. 

Anyway lets stay on topic please.

Dr. Tony Xia Retweeted Peter Wall

Ritchie has been RDM and scouting team's first choice the whole summer. Glad for the outcomes so far!

Dr. Tony Xia added,

Peter Wall @1966wall
@Dr_TonyXia why would Aston Villa make Bids for 2 right Full Backs? Media confuse me sometimes!
4 retweets5 likes

Retweet

More
  • Like 1

Decent signing. Do you think RDM might be going 3-5-2 with the wing backs this year? With De Laet, Eplhick and Chester as a middle 3 and Bacuna (boo, hiss) and Amavi as the wing backs? Interesting. Need another CM and a number 9, shift a few more shit out and I think we might have a decent squad for this level. 

25 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Decent signing. Do you think RDM might be going 3-5-2 with the wing backs this year? With De Laet, Eplhick and Chester as a middle 3 and Bacuna (boo, hiss) and Amavi as the wing backs? Interesting. Need another CM and a number 9, shift a few more shit out and I think we might have a decent squad for this level. 

4-2-3-1 without a doubt. Bacuna is good cover since he is a decent right back at this level and can fill in multiple spots. De Laet is an attacking full back so I don't see him as a center back. 

good signing, he is very good forward and a lot of pace. he played well vs us for Leicester last season and had Amavi in bother which prompted Tim to make them changes :P

dont think he is as solid at the back and reading a fwe people saying his positioning isnt great but his pace gets him out of it, but think he is an improvement on what we have their now. 

6 minutes ago, Xela said:

Solid signing

Perhaps Bacuna further up the pitch now?

I'd rather he was off it, to be honest. 

Not sure where he'd fit in anyways. Maybe instead of Westwood or Tshibola? Hopefully the bench is as far as he goes.

• Like 1

Â