Ritchie De Laet

meme

1 minute ago, babyblue said:

Leicester fan here. Decent signing for the championship, it's a level where his issues won't be as obvious as they were in the premier league.

His positioning isn't the best, he has a tendency to rush in to a challenge and get bypassed... but he's rapid and gets himself out of loads of problems with his pace. And he loves bombing forward, might not create a huge amount, as the final ball isn't really there. But his link up play is ok and he'll gain you loads of ground and get you into dangerous position.

He served us just fine in a team that mullered the league. So I don't see any issues with the signing at all, he'd be one you'd look to shit to backup upon promotion though.

Cheers mate, dont know too much about him to be honest. sounds like a good championship player but premier league we would require better if we get back up

1 hour ago, bobzy said:

He's a versatile defender too, isn't he?  Could play left-back or right-back.  Solid signing.

Played left back once or twice for us in the prem and never really showed himself up. I think he even filled in at centre back during games a few times and did a really good job in a three. He could probably play wingback ok with is pace, but his final ball would be lacking.

• Like 1

Just now, Demitri_C said:

Cheers mate, dont know too much about him to be honest. sounds like a good championship player but premier league we would require better if we get back up

If you find the 5-3 highlights of the game we won against Man U, it pretty much sums him up I think. His mistake by jumping in on one of theirs and then bombing forward for some of ours.

• Like 1

Oh and he was the one who scored the first goal in our 3-2 comeback against you... so he's probably partly at fault for where you are now and what happened to us. :ph34r:

Edited by babyblue
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Leicester fan here. Decent signing for the championship, it's a level where his issues won't be as obvious as they were in the premier league.

His positioning isn't the best, he has a tendency to rush in to a challenge and get bypassed... but he's rapid and gets himself out of loads of problems with his pace. And he loves bombing forward, might not create a huge amount, as the final ball isn't really there. But his link up play is ok and he'll gain you loads of ground and get you into dangerous position.

He served us just fine in a team that mullered the league. So I don't see any issues with the signing at all, he'd be one you'd look to shit to backup upon promotion though.

I think RDM would love to get promoted just to shit him...

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

The beauty of signings like this and the other ones is they're not Billy big bollocks living on their reputation like Richards and Lescott

He's a really good lad from what we know. Moved local and that helped form a great bond as quite a few others did the same and they saw each other in and out of work and just become good mates. Never seemed to sulk or kick up a fuss if he didn't make the team. Like most Pearson signings and ex  United players (we loved signing them), a really good pro with the right attitude and a team player.

Edited by babyblue
  • Like 4

Very happy with this (and all the other) signings. All have proven experience at this level, all see Villa as a big club and want to be here - all of them will fight for the cause and give 100%. Something we have been missing for a long time.

Welcome Ritchie

56 minutes ago, babyblue said:

Cant remember seeing him play so I'm not trying to be negative. Bits in bold could feasibly be said about Hutton, people who have actually watched him say he is a good addition and therefore I'm happy with this signing. 

Anything to keep Hutton out of team is fine by me, apart from Micah Richards.

1 hour ago, babyblue said:

I think the fact we've given him a 3 year deal rather than anything higher would suggest we see him as someone to help get us up then become a squad.player. Good management again

Â