Ritchie De Laet

meme

7 minutes ago, Deisler123 said:

Anyone gives me an accurate pronunciation of 'De Laet' please? I assume it is Dutch?

"ae" in most European languages is like "air", so then De L-air-t but most English commentators seem to say De Laht so I think you could get away with anything vaguely similar :)

• Like 1

46 minutes ago, Ponky said:

Is this the first time ever we have signed someone BEFORE they've had their own thread on VT?

I am not 100% certain, but I reckon the Great Moustapha Salifou might have signed for us without a thread having started.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Villastine said:

Another sensible signing. Proven at this level.

Yep, every signing so far has just made sense. Very good management. 

Welcome to the club Ritchie, I have been wanting a new RB all summer, so I am chuffed that we now have one. Hopefully you will be a great signing and we will never have to see Hutton or Richards in our defence ever again.

4 minutes ago, TheStagMan said:

Didier Agathe?

You may be correct, my memory is a bit hazy on that one. I do remember Salifou though as it was totally out of the blue, late in the window wtf type signing.

I'll be honest, I don't know much about him. 

However, in the past I have posted my concerns with Hutton bombing forward, being one of our main attacking outlets, unable to deliver a decent cross which seems to almost always lead to a counter attack with him well out of position. 

From what I've read, RDL is a bit shakey at the back defensively, but is good going forward. Having this type of player will be a major bonus imo. In this league, with the squad we're building, I'd expect us to have a decent amount of possession in most games. Having an attack minded full back who can deliver a ball to a Villa shirt, should actually help us out defensively. 

Edited by PieFacE

Â