Ritchie De Laet

meme

3 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Bruce has made a lot of poor decisions. The list is long. 

But shifting Richie bloody De Leat is not one of them. The guys finished at this level. 

You keep saying this but i'm very curious to know what, if any evidence you have of this?

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

You keep saying this but i'm very curious to know what, if any evidence you have of this?

Maybe the fact he has been fit for a year and a half yet there appears have been zero interest for him by any teams at this level. 

Or maybe it’s just the wages that have put teams off and once we release him he may get picked up by a lower end Championship team? I’ll admit I was wrong if that happens. 

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yep but you’d like to thing he was told before the window closed he was surplus to requirements to give him time to find a move.  I suspect he would have been with not much interest. He must be on a decent wage too which probably put clubs off. 

If he wasn’t advised sooner then that’s pretty shit behaviour by the club. But I doubt that was the case.

This is just my opinion, but I think De Laet would have left if he was told during the window that he wasn't going to be given a chance. Last season he was loaned out to another european club, so I'd imagine there'd at least be some interest in him especially in Belgium. De Laet's tweets made it seem like he just wanted to be given a chance to prove himself, but wasn't given that. Seems unfair to me considering how strong he was in preseason. 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Was just going to post the same comment. I hadn't actually realised he was playing in Australia, the manager change has overshadowed everything else.

De laet could've done a job for us, like Elphick, a brainless loaning

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...

Has scored 7 goals so far this season in the A-league. Including an absolute belter recently.

Whoever loaned him out was a numptey. I know our league is inferior but you can just tell he would be more than capable in the championship. 

I haven't followed his season closely but pretty sure he has been fit all season. Over 20 appearances!

Just now, rodders0223 said:

Ross McCormack scored goals in the A League. RDL is scoring goals in the A league.
That tells me everything I need to know about the standard of the A league.

Ross McCormack scored most of his goals from penalties and set pieces. RDL has scored them from right back.

Ross also could be useful in the championship (which all my claim about RDL was) if he wasn't a lazy drunkard...

Your opinion of A-league's standard doesn't really affect what I said.

51 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Ross McCormack scored most of his goals from penalties and set pieces. RDL has scored them from right back.

Ross also could be useful in the championship (which all my claim about RDL was) if he wasn't a lazy drunkard...

Your opinion of A-league's standard doesn't really affect what I said.

I read that he's been playing up front for the previous 6/7 games.

44 minutes ago, praisedmambo said:

I read that he's been playing up front for the previous 6/7 games.

Fair enough. The point I was failing to make is that he would have been more than useful to us this season.....

1 hour ago, Villan_of_oz said:

Has scored 7 goals so far this season in the A-league. Including an absolute belter recently.

Whoever loaned him out was a numptey. I know our league is inferior but you can just tell he would be more than capable in the championship. 

I haven't followed his season closely but pretty sure he has been fit all season. Over 20 appearances!

He's playing as a striker isn't he? Not sure he'd get in ahead of Tammy.

• Haha 2

It's insane that our former right back is doing well as a striker in the australian league. Kind of looks bad for the league. 

Imagine hutton being converted to a target striker, and scoring 1 in 2 . 

18 hours ago, Czechlad said:

It's insane that our former right back is doing well as a striker in the australian league. Kind of looks bad for the league. 

Imagine hutton being converted to a target striker, and scoring 1 in 2 . 

The Scottish Cafu would be getting a hat-rick every game.

I may have dreamed this but didn't Everton have to play defender Steve Watson up front for a while cos they were strapped for cash or all their strikers were injured ?

Then again, in Blackburn's title winning season (or poss the season either side) centre half Paul Warhurst did pretty well as a forward.

Â