Ritchie De Laet

meme

• 4 weeks later...
4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Has been a flop here will be off in summer

I think a flop is harsh Dem. He hasn't looked bad when I've seen him, he just hasn't been given many chances. 

On 22/01/2018 at 18:28, Demitri_C said:

Has been a flop here will be off in summer

Bit harsh, the injury knackered him and by time he got fit we'd signed another RB.

I've seen many worse players play for us so hopefully he can get his career going again.

https://www.avfc.co.uk/News/2018/01/23/de-laet-departs-on-loan

Aston Villa defender Ritchie De Laet has joined Royal Antwerp on loan for the remainder of the 2017/18 season. 

The defender returns to his native Belgium and links up with the team in which he spend the early stages of his professional career.

lets hope he comes back fit as a fiddle to take Huttons place in the summer. Good luck Ritchie.

Shame as I really liked what I saw when he played (even though the results weren't great), but I liked his speed, his willingness to take someone on and whip it into the box. 

Just shows how well Elmo and Hutton have performed really :)  

• Like 1

agreed. I think he has performed when we've seen him play but apparently not enough to force Hutton and Elmo away from the starting eleven. this loan move makes sense with Taylor and Bree still on the books.

• 4 months later...

Supposedly there is a £2 m buy out clause and he's willing to take a pay cut to make it happen?

Aston Villa defender Ritchie De Laet is willing to take a pay-cut to make his loan move to Royal Antwerp permanent in the summer transfer window, according to HLN.

De Laet returned to Antwerp in the January transfer window on a loan deal for until the end of the season

According to HLN, the Belgian club find the transfer fee of securing the services of De Laet on a permanent contract too high.

It has been reported that Antwerp have a buying option of €2 million (£1.75m), but the fee is claimed to be too high for them.

It has also been reported that De Laet is willing to take a pay-cut from his €1.5m-per-year (£1.31m) salary, but there is still a gap between what the 29-year-old defender wants and what Antwerp are able to pay.

De Laet has struggled to make an impact at Villa, and it would be best for the former Stoke City prospect if he leaves the Villans in the summer transfer window - if not for Antwerp, then for another club in England.

http://www.hitc.com/en-gb/2018/05/19/aston-villas-de-laet-reportedly-willing-to-take-pay-cut-to-join/

1 minute ago, hippo said:

Could still do a job for us IMO

Even if Hutton goes I doubt we can afford to have him as a back up RB.

Elmo & Bree (and potentially Hutton). 

Money needs to be save and he's expendable.

22 minutes ago, sne said:

Even if Hutton goes I doubt we can afford to have him as a back up RB.

Elmo & Bree (and potentially Hutton). 

Money needs to be save and he's expendable.

Agreed - but the article above suggests his move to Antwerp has a couple of hurdles to overcome - should he not move on I think he can offer something at this level.

• Like 1

Â