One year ago today...

LancsVillan

it seems like longer but who didn't rejoice (me I opened arather nice bottle of Champagne) when they saw:

"Douglas Ellis OBE, the Executive Chairman of Aston Villa.....(has) resigned from the board of directors of Aston Villa with effect from today"

Announcement to the LSE, September 19th 2006

Yes my fellow Villans one year ago today saw the official end of Herbert's reign.

Rather than go on about everything that has gone on I think I'll leave it to you to post your single biggest change you've seen in the last year in the Messageboard thread linked below.

Suffice to say that what I have seen above everything else is a return of the belief and hope that we Aston Villa are looking to challenge, we are planning for a prosperous future and that those employed by the club are now experts in their field and are supported from the very top in everything they do.

I am lucky to be in regular contact with a few people at the club and was recently allowed a private tour of Bodymoor Heath and Villa Park and the changes so far are immense, everyone is smiling, everyone is saying how it a much better place to be working.

As fans we ask that the players perform and get us three points every week, but as oft been said on the message boards of this and other fansites this was never going to happen overnight, last week was a reality check for us all.

Let's remember though we are Aston Villa and as Villans we are proud of all it stands for.

Proud History : Bright Future indeed.

It does seem longer, the whole takeover seemed to take forever , and I guess time flies when you're having fun. Puts into perspective the change in expectations.

We have come a long way in 1 year how much further in the next few?

The money we've spent and been willing to spend on players in the transfer market. Every major player we've bought - NRC, Young, Davies - has been in and around our previous transfer record. That's 3 times in less than a year. Add it to Petrov being agreed to by a, then, incoming board and John Carew in a swap deal and I think that for me has been the biggest change.

I never thought I'd ever hear that statement from VP and it was fantastic but a lot of fans especially on this site still aren't happy though, moaning and whinging. :(
yawn yawn yawn - same old same old

I think there have been some positives and some negatives. Not wishing to dwell on the specifics of the negatives I would say that the return of hope is the biggest change for me. The feeling that we will compete and have a chance of winning games rather than turning up expecting a defeat.

I think there have been some positives and some negatives. Not wishing to dwell on the specifics of the negatives I would say that the return of hope is the biggest change for me. The feeling that we will compete and have a chance of winning games rather than turning up expecting a defeat.

Aye, this, and having a club that listens, is the biggest change for me.

For me, its everything about the club from the top down.

There was a stench of apathy and down right misery about the entire club just over a year ago. The club was slowly rotting away.

Suddenly, within a year, there is a fresh vibrancy in everything we do as a club. Everything we're doing seems to have a positive intent to it. Finally there are professional people running the club properly and sensibly.

Although we're still not there on the pitch, we all know that the aims of everyone in the club is the same. They all want success.

I've always been proud of my club but its just on another level at the moment.

Â