Pre match thread

roonst83

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Good to hear from decent fans from around the country, welcome to the site. 

I have a couple of questions for you if you don't mind? 

How do you rate Baker? 

What are Kodija's strengths and weaknesses? And do you think he'll leave this season? 

Baker played well for us, although wasn't one to back out of a tackle and was always one tackle away from a red card.

Kodjia is fast and can cause problems running at people, his problem seems to be passing at the right time or shooting too late.. Although his main weakness seems to be staying onside, I'm not sure they use offside in France!

Im not sure on him leaving as he's enjoying his time from what I can see, and our main shareholder has said he will only sell him to a PL team and for over 10M. So unless an offer of that comes in we should be okay!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, dnmacf said:

Starting line up is strong but bench is worrying. Mind, wouldn't look so bad if not for Gestede and Tishbola but highlights how close we are from a tricky situation

Good point - Amavi, Gestede, Tishbola + new AM and Striker - looks much better. 

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No, Amavi on the left and Ayew on the right. Ayew's been playing on the right lately anyway.

Amavi has done nothing to warrant a start IMO

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Keyblade said:

No, Amavi on the left and Ayew on the right. Ayew's been playing on the right lately anyway.

Then play who up top McCormack? I think ayew needs to play up top more than bacuna not being in the team. 

4 minutes ago, Gary Thomas said:

Good point - Amavi, Gestede, Tishbola + new AM and Striker - looks much better. 

Agreed. We will probably bring in a new CB aswell with all the likely departures. Things could well look a whole lot rosier in a couple of days. 

10 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Then play who up top McCormack? I think ayew needs to play up top more than bacuna not being in the team. 

I'd have McCormack as the number 9 and Ayew as the second striker. I agree, Ayew should be more effective in this role.