Pre match thread

roonst83

Thank you for your input Dean. Although many say we should win, I do think many forget that we have not won away for a year. People are optimistic because of the team we are assembling, and rightly so. So its a waiting game to see how fast the new players gel. There are signs of that already, and hopefully it continues tomorrow.

Best of luck!

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, obanken said:

Thank you for your input Dean. Although many say we should win, I do think many forget that we have not won away for a year. People are optimistic because of the team we are assembling, and rightly so. So its a waiting game to see how fast the new players gel. There are signs of that already, and hopefully it continues tomorrow.

Best of luck!

Of the 4 games we've played so far

we lost 1-0 to Newcastle (Home)

1-0 To Norwich (Away)

and beat

Wigan 2-1 (Home)

and Burton 2-1 (Away)

The 2 games we won we didn't play well

The two games we Lost we played well just were unable to put the ball into the back of the net and create decent chances.

With confirmed injuries to Gestede and Tshibola I think we'll line up as follows:

......................Gollini

De Laet.Elphick.Chester.Cissokho

..........Jedinak.Westwood

Bacuna........Ayew.......Grealish

...............McCormack

Subs: Bunn, Baker, Amavi, Lyden, Gardner, Green, Kozak,

2 hours ago, Dean said:

Of the 4 games we've played so far

we lost 1-0 to Newcastle (Home)

1-0 To Norwich (Away)

and beat

Wigan 2-1 (Home)

and Burton 2-1 (Away)

The 2 games we won we didn't play well

The two games we Lost we played well just were unable to put the ball into the back of the net and create decent chances.

Hi Dean, teams only score against us when our goalkeeper gifts it to them on a plate (Sheff Wed & Huddersfield) otherwise nobody has created a goal against our defence. If our goalkeeper can avoid any rushes of blood to the head then I think you will find Villa tougher opposition than anyone you have played to date. Good luck for the season (but not the game).

23 minutes ago, pacbuddies said:

Hi Dean, teams only score against us when our goalkeeper gifts it to them on a plate (Sheff Wed & Huddersfield) otherwise nobody has created a goal against our defence. If our goalkeeper can avoid any rushes of blood to the head then I think you will find Villa tougher opposition than anyone you have played to date. Good luck for the season (but not the game).

Yeah I've got a villa fan in work who said your keeper seems to have cost you 4 points.

Abraham for us seems to be causing teams problems since his arrival but I think it will be a close game. Newcastle has been our hardest test but 1-0 wasn't too bad of a result and could of been a draw.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully attending the game at your ground as well

4 minutes ago, Dean said:

Yeah I've got a villa fan in work who said your keeper seems to have cost you 4 points.

Abraham for us seems to be causing teams problems since his arrival but I think it will be a close game. Newcastle has been our hardest test but 1-0 wasn't too bad of a result and could of been a draw.

Looking forward to the match and hopefully attending the game at your ground as well

We have a couple of injuries to players that would be expected to start (Gestede & Tshibola) but hopefully we have enough cover at the moment to see us over the line. New players Jedinak & De Laet should start for us and we are looking at one or two other players before the transfer deadline to strengthen what we all hope will be our upwards exit from this division (no disrespect to the Championship but it has been a long time since we fell so low and we want out asap).

Thanks for your input.

2 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

We have a couple of injuries to players that would be expected to start (Gestede & Tshibola) but hopefully we have enough cover at the moment to see us over the line. New players Jedinak & De Laet should start for us and we are looking at one or two other players before the transfer deadline to strengthen what we all hope will be our upwards exit from this division (no disrespect to the Championship but it has been a long time since we fell so low and we want out asap).

Thanks for your input.

Haha no worries!

We struggled last year but since Lee Johnson took over I think we had Play off form. With all the signings we've made over the summer we are trying to push the top half of the table (I think most fans would be happy with 10-14th).

Although our team at the moment are in a similar situation with a few players injured so should

be a similar playing field. Also we've sold out the stadium tomorrow but at a reduced capacity for some reason (had a higher capacity for Newcastle). Hope everybody coming down has a good day and hopefully enjoy the atmosphere as sometimes it can be quiet... 

Good luck!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Dean said:

Haha no worries!

We struggled last year but since Lee Johnson took over I think we had Play off form. With all the signings we've made over the summer we are trying to push the top half of the table (I think most fans would be happy with 10-14th).

Although our team at the moment are in a similar situation with a few players injured so should

be a similar playing field. Also we've sold out the stadium tomorrow but at a reduced capacity for some reason (had a higher capacity for Newcastle). Hope everybody coming down has a good day and hopefully enjoy the atmosphere as sometimes it can be quiet... 

Good luck!

I hope we spank you tomorrow and in the return game at Villa Park and finish the season as Champions with Bristol City as runners up! :D

3 hours ago, pacbuddies said:

I hope we spank you tomorrow and in the return game at Villa Park and finish the season as Champions with Bristol City as runners up! :D

Hahaha I hope we win although you do have a better chance than us this season at going up! We will be very lucky to get into play offs

57 minutes ago, Paul33 said:

..... and sign him on Sunday ?

Haha we've got him on a season long loan.. Good luck!! (I think he will be near the Chelsea team soon)

My team for tomorrow...

Gollini

RDL - Chester - Elphick - Amavi

Jedinak - Westwood

Adama        McCormack     Grealish

Ayew

Then every time Adama gets the ball....

Gollini

RDL     Chester - Elphick - Amavi

Jedinak        Westwood    Grealish

McCormack

Ayew

Who know's where Adama will be :lol: 

8 hours ago, avfcwills10 said:

Does anyone know the parking situation around Ashton Gate?

A massive pain, there's loads of housing near but depending how early you get there will depend if you can get a spot.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Dean said:

A massive pain, there's loads of housing near but depending how early you get there will depend if you can get a spot.

Cheers Dean, I have a lot of time for the west country folk, friendliest most chilled out part of the country. Those Rovers fans are very rude about you though. 

On Tuesday, August 23, 2016 at 06:39, One For The Road said:

Do you really 6 have to question everything I say? We haven't won away in a year. Their home form is way better than away form. Therefore, it wouldn't be a shock if they won. Jeepers. 

This team didnt play last season....

Even though I have to stay up till 1.30 am I am well and truly pumped for this match. Should be the first time I can watch it too..... few more bourbons should help pass the time. Time for us to open a can some unsuspecting team ....

Just looked.... cant watch it.... well upset. The VT match thread is going to be my entertainment.

Edited by Villan_of_oz